Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Graphic ( fog related ) bug in dolphin 3.0 and later versions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
There seems to be a graphic bug in dolphin 3.0 and any later revision ( including latest available at download section )

For example in xenoblade :

[Image: DVeldl.jpg]

This is opening sequence in Xenoblade.
Now,this bug is not present in for example r7719:

[Image: pU8lTl.jpg]

As can be seen from screenshoots, 3.0 have yellowish tone to the fog,which is not correct rendering.
r7719 doesnt have this problem.

Bigger versions of screenshoots,where problems is,of course,more visible:
http://i.imgur.com/DVeld.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/pU8lT.jpg
I can't remember is r7719 before 3.0?
(10-02-2012, 02:50 AM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]I can't remember is r7719 before 3.0?

3.0 is before r7719 (Btw it's a TexCache Rewrite build)
(10-02-2012, 03:03 AM)LordVador Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-02-2012, 02:50 AM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]I can't remember is r7719 before 3.0?

3.0 is before r7719 (Btw it's a TexCache Rewrite build)

That's what I thought, that may be the reason, try an older build (like r75xx) and see what happens.
Uh, what about testing what happens with newer builds, instead? I very much doubt it's a regression within master, just something that texcache-rewrite happened to fix. To my knowledge that was "just" one thing which got fixed some months ago in master (that was after 3.0 was released).

Btw, I'm trying very hard but I fail to see any "yellowish" tone in the first picture... Tongue
(10-02-2012, 04:34 AM)neobrain Wrote: [ -> ]Uh, what about testing what happens with newer builds, instead?

(10-01-2012, 11:20 PM)rpglord Wrote: [ -> ]There seems to be a graphic bug in dolphin 3.0 and any later revision ( including latest available at download section )
Oh. I guess I suck at reading, nevermind then Big Grin
Every build before 7719 doesn't have this bug.
And I just checked here:
http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/showthread.php?tid=24312
and to my suprise it seems r7719 was last build before 3.0, which means 3.0 revision itself introduced this bug !
Now when I narrowed it down,its easier to fix,right ? Smile

(10-02-2012, 04:34 AM)neobrain Wrote: [ -> ]Uh, what about testing what happens with newer builds, instead? I very much doubt it's a regression within master, just something that texcache-rewrite happened to fix. To my knowledge that was "just" one thing which got fixed some months ago in master (that was after 3.0 was released).

Btw, I'm trying very hard but I fail to see any "yellowish" tone in the first picture... Tongue

Like ExtremeDude2 pointed out,I have tested latest revision,no change from 3.0. And it seems 3.0 itself is the culprit ( since r7719 is last revision before it )

As for the bug itself,if you cant see it,compare both pictures,dont look at just one.
Also,use bigger screenshoots I provided
(10-02-2012, 06:12 AM)rpglord Wrote: [ -> ]and to my suprise it seems r7719 was last build before 3.0, which means 3.0 revision itself introduced this bug !
Yeah, just that you really did not. r7719 was on a different branch than 3.0. See why Subversion sucks?

Tbh, I'm not even sure if r7719 was based on 3.0 or not.
(10-02-2012, 06:14 AM)neobrain Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-02-2012, 06:12 AM)rpglord Wrote: [ -> ]and to my suprise it seems r7719 was last build before 3.0, which means 3.0 revision itself introduced this bug !
Yeah, just that you really did not. r7719 was on a different branch than 3.0. See why Subversion sucks?

Tbh, I'm not even sure if r7719 was based on 3.0 or not.

Ok,I will go down from r7719 and see if there is any revision which brings back the bug,and if yes,which revision doesnt have it.
Will get back with results soon.

Ok,I admit,this thread is epic fail Smile
I just checked on the wii,and fog is actually supposed to have yellowish,even redish tint,so I guess 7719 is the version not rendering it correctly.
Sorry for wasting everybodys time with this lol
Pages: 1 2