Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: PSO Gamecube and Lan
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

dazzletoad

Hiiii boys and girls,

I am new to the forums and have a question that has really been bothering me all day. I have dolphin, and a copy of PSO (Phantasy Star Online) and was wondering if anyone could help me get me and my girl connected, to play a game on LAN.

I really wanna know how to, using my laptop and hers, have two dolphin emulations up at the same time playing this game on a lan connection so we can both use individual screens.

I have looked around and can't find straight information on this and would love it if anyone could help me out. I am sorry if this is in the wrong section and dont mind it being moved.

A million thanks in advance ^^
Search for bba on the forums as I am too lazy to do it for you Tongue
(10-02-2012, 12:21 AM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]Search for bba on the forums as I am too lazy to do it for you Tongue

That wasn't very far Tongue
http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/showthread.php?tid=23858

dazzletoad

This isnt a direct connect however, is it?

I believe this is only a way to network yourself up to a private server, not a laptop-laoptop gaming session.

I got so lost in all of this, could anyone please tell me straight - is it possible for me to link my laptop to my girls laptop without the need of private servers with PSO?

Huge thanks for your replies already by the way.

Much love.
lol trying to play online with an emulator isnt that what a copy of the game is for?
(10-04-2012, 10:03 AM)zoren288 Wrote: [ -> ]lol trying to play online with an emulator isnt that what a copy of the game is for?

It's an emulator... The goal is to emulate the original console as closely as possible. That includes online support.

Many people no longer own their GameCube, but everyone owns the copy of the game (or should at least). Why shouldn't they be able to play online?
There's also the case that the BBAs themselves are no longer widely available. Granted, if you've never played online with the GC you're a bit late to the party, Dolphin nevertheless makes it easier for players to try it out. If you played online with the BBA, you can continue to do so even after your hardware stops working (the GC hardware, not your PC's :p) as long as you can run Dolphin.
(10-02-2012, 02:26 AM)dazzletoad Wrote: [ -> ]This isnt a direct connect however, is it?

I believe this is only a way to network yourself up to a private server, not a laptop-laoptop gaming session.

I got so lost in all of this, could anyone please tell me straight - is it possible for me to link my laptop to my girls laptop without the need of private servers with PSO?

Huge thanks for your replies already by the way.

Much love.
PSO didn't support LAN. So Private server is the only way AFIK.
Server is the only way, yeah, but it can be a server running on your PC just for your LAN games.