Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: GC Save File suddenly not appearing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was recently playing Tales of Symphonia using the most recent version of Dolphin, I saved and quit for awhile then went back into it and tried to load up my save again.

But it wasn't there anymore, not only that but there was a save there that was hours backwards in progress and I am pretty sure I saved over that file when I made my most recent save (I like to keep only one save file for each game)

I tried using the GC memcard manager and managed to see that both ToS saves were present so I deleted the less recent one and then tried again, it still didn't see the newer one so now it claimed my memcard had no ToS saves.

I have tried re-extracting dolphin, letting it make a new memory card and then importing the save into that one but it still doesn't show up at all.

anyone got any ideas how to help?

The most info I can really give is a picture of my memcard manager screen showing that the save is there on the memcard (ill attach it so the post isn't huge)

EDIT: I am using the EU version of the game and the memcard is, as the picture shows, the EU version of the memory card so I don't think its a region mismatch either.
Do you think you could upload the .gci file somewhere? If it's small enough you can post it as a forum attachment. I have the NTSC-U version of the game, but I could try to convert it to my region and see if it'll load. Out of curiosity, do any other .gci save from the internet work for you on this game?
(10-01-2012, 12:40 PM)Shonumi Wrote: [ -> ]Do you think you could upload the .gci file somewhere? If it's small enough you can post it as a forum attachment. I have the NTSC-U version of the game, but I could try to convert it to my region and see if it'll load. Out of curiosity, do any other .gci save from the internet work for you on this game?

Hmnnn seems like it wouldn't let me upload it as an attachment so I uploaded it to my mediafire account here:

http://www.mediafire.com/?3c4ld06t921oudg

I haven't tried any other .gci files from the internet but I can give that a shot. Ill edit this post with whether or not I am able to use them in a little bit.

EDIT: Okay it seems I can, I just imported a SSBM save and it worked fine, got all the characters unlocked and all the battle data and everything. I'll try another one to be sure but it seems like I can use them just fine, just not the Tales of Symphonia one, real odd.
I've fixed your save game since it got corrupted somehow.
Make sure not to quit the game while saving, otherwise things like this will happen.

Download it here.
Enjoy this wonderful game. Smile
(10-01-2012, 08:57 PM)Garteal Wrote: [ -> ]I've fixed your save game since it got corrupted somehow.
Make sure not to quit the game while saving, otherwise things like this will happen.

Download it here.
Enjoy this wonderful game. Smile

It works! thanks, I was so worried about having to start all over again. Ill be more careful, going to religiously backup the save now so it doesn't happen again.

nuke24

I have a similar problem in TOS. I finished the Earth Temple and saved and everything is normal but when i went on and finished the Ice Temple and tried saving again all of my previous save files were erased but i saved anyways. If i quit and reenter the game, the save files from the first set (before i beat the ice temple) show up but once again if i beat the ice temple and try saving, the old files arent there anymore.

I looked in the memory card manager and both sets are there. I was wondering if anyone had any advice as to how to retrieve the new set of data.
Here is my game file

http://www.mediafire.com/?bn01qtyd4e90eoy
Here you go, it should be fixed.
Download it here.
Enjoy the game.

nuke24

(10-23-2012, 10:48 AM)Garteal Wrote: [ -> ]Here you go, it should be fixed.
Download it here.
Enjoy the game.
Awesome! Thank you so much. I can't tell you how much i appreciate this.