Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Switchable Graphics for Laptops
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

stevelikespeanuts

Hi

I have had a search for people with the same issue but nothing seems to really help...

I have a laptop with switchable graphics, one with an integrated intel card and one with a Radeon HD 6630M. I have tried apply high performance using the switchable graphics option (catalyst control centre) but it runs just as well as when on the intel one. Is there any way around this?

I have also tried putting it in DX9 but that doesn't help either.

Other specs

4Gb of RAM
Intel Core i5-2410M CPU @ 2.30GHz

Any help would be great.
So what's your problem? Dolphin don't want to recognize the dedictated GPU?
Quote:one with an integrated intel card and one with a Radeon HD 6630M

Which integrated card is it?
Intel HD Graphics 3000 @LordVador. The i5-2410M is a Sandy Bridge CPU.

stevelikespeanuts

(09-29-2012, 10:34 PM)DefenderX Wrote: [ -> ]Intel HD Graphics 3000 @LordVador. The i5-2410M is a Sandy Bridge CPU.

Yeah its a 3000. Every time i boot a game up in Dolphin it says that the one it is using is the 3000, and not the ATI one....
although you have selected the high performance profile in the Catalyst Control Center? Are your drivers up-to-date?

Well, the AMD switchtable graphics software is not as good as nVidia's Optimus technologie.
(09-29-2012, 10:34 PM)DefenderX Wrote: [ -> ]Intel HD Graphics 3000 @LordVador. The i5-2410M is a Sandy Bridge CPU.

Yeah one of my laptops is a 2410m (with 540m) Big Grin.
If his card was a HD 4000 6630m should be below in performance but with a HD 3000 he should get better performance with 6630m

stevelikespeanuts

Is a 4000 really better than a 6630M? Im not sure thats right..

Anyway, i have flipped all the settings in the Catalyst Control Centre to apply for 'high performance' for the card, but its still not registering it...

Could there be a BIOS option to disable the intel card?
Dolphin should detect only the intel gpu.

just assign dolphin to the high-performance profile in catalyst and it'll use the AMD (but not show it's actually using it)
(09-29-2012, 10:41 PM)stevelikespeanuts Wrote: [ -> ]Every time i boot a game up in Dolphin it says that the one it is using is the 3000, and not the ATI one....

Actually the fact that Dolphin doesn't show your card in the list doesn't mean the card isn't used.
Try to assign HD 3000 and you'll see the difference Big Grin
Pages: 1 2