Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: NTSC or PAL
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

mrbigfishy

While browsing the internet, I noticed there are games released in pal and ntsc. I'm new to this game emulator stuff so please help. When I open an iso (or other file format) What region should it be in, pal or ntsc? (or could it be either?
Where do you live? Smile

mrbigfishy

(07-08-2009, 06:01 PM)nosound97 Wrote: [ -> ]Where do you live? Smile

I live in the United States, NTSC land. So, since I live in the Us, my dolphin emulator will only play ntsc games?
No, you're Dolphin emulator can play PAL. But PAL games apparently run at 50 fps, so they're kind of wimpy. Big Grin
Terminex, mrbigfishy lives in US and his region is NTSC, he plays NTSC games. Dolphin support both regions, there is no problem running games for you Smile
I never said there was a problem running games. I just heard that PAL games have a native FPS of 50, so they don't look as "nice." That could be untrue, but that's just what I've been told.
PAL games can be run at 60hz mode, which is a lot better in graphics and have a native FPS of 60 Smile
Quoted from Wikipedia:
Quote:Many newer VCR players sold in Europe can play back NTSC tapes/discs. When operating in this mode most of them do not output a true (625/25) PAL signal but rather a hybrid of PAL and NTSC known as "PAL 60" (or "pseudo PAL") with "60" standing for 60 Hz, instead of 50 Hz. Some video game consoles also output a signal in this mode.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PAL

butanebob

Most pal games have the option when booting up to run them in 50hz or 60hz, Except metroid prime 2 PAL which is 60hz only.
I live in the United States, NTSC land. So, since I live in the Us, my dolphin emulator will only play ntsc games?

This only applies with the real Wii. These regions are for TVs, not PCs.
Pages: 1 2