Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: BRAWL issues with dolphin,
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Alright, I'm new to Dolphin, and these forums. First, I searched and searched for my issue, and the only thread close to my issue was written back in 2009 and had NO responses (whats up with that one?), so I would like to try my hand and figuring this annoying problem out.

My specs:
GPU: GeForce 9800 GT (nVidia)
CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 6000+ 3.0 GHz
Dolphin Version: 3.0-766(dirty)

I have to say this emulator has been rather psychotic. It went from playing the game perfectly (except the replaying video bit in subspace emissary that kept me from proceeding): the movie was flawless, the title was flawless, the fighting was flawless and the menus were flawless.

I don't really know WHAT happened, but I decided to get some AR codes to unlock all stages and characters that way I could just play the game without subspace emissary (again, which wouldn't work). Of course the codes wouldn't work, so I said screw it and went searching for a save state with everything. I turned dolphin off and back on after finding a data file I got with 100% everything and I put it in the data folder, long story short, the game then began to barely play at 30 FPS. I figured I had screwed up my emulator, deleted it and re-downloaded/installed it, and I STILL can't get the game to run like it did the last time. I've been doing this for a couple hours now, I've done the performance booster on the wiki (which actually made it worse), and still nothing. I can't even get the FPS to hit 60 without setting the limiter all the way to 120. And even then, it doesn't stay at 120. It actually drops down to 60 then 30 then 60 then 76 then 24 etc. The FPS is absolutely broken now. I can play it with the FPS set that high and limited, but the video constantly flickers and it still slows down when I play. If I unclick the "limit fps" option though, the flickering stops and aside from the occasional stutter, it runs butter smooth and fast. But when I press start to get to the game select menu, it always freezes the rom AND dolphin, forcing me to ctrl alt del my way to freedom. The farthest I've gotten with this is to that menu on limited but it freezes at subspace emissary. So anyone know what gives? Does my system suck THAT bad? It runs games like skyrim and battlefield 5 flawlessly...it really makes me mad because if I set the FPS to 60 (I have the NA version), the stupid emulator never EVER extends beyond 18 fps.
1) You can't compare PC games with emulation. They are two different things.
2) Both your CPU and your GPU are very slow for Dolphin.
3) We need your full settings (preferably as screenshots) in order to help you further.
4) I wouldnt use 3.0-766. I would use 3.0 (with no numbers after it). It's more stable and reliable and doesn't have any issues with SSBB.
Um, on second thought, how are you getting replaying video in us space emissary? A proper dump of your game (and not a downloaded ROM) wouldn't have that issue. Redump your game and come back.
Quote: Does my system suck THAT bad? It runs games like skyrim and battlefield 5 flawlessly
Because those PC games only need a good graphic card . Emulation tax CPU power , you'll need a very fast CPU to play most games well
Athlon 64 X2 6000+ (90nm - "Windsor") was released in 2007 . It's too slow , overclocking may help but don't expect much
http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/showthread.php?tid=24206
Quote:your GPU are very slow for Dolphin
Wrong . It's good enough for 3xIR (1080p) on most games , 4xIR on some games
http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/showthread.php?tid=18414
Quote:Quote:
your GPU are very slow for Dolphin
Wrong . It's good enough for 3xIR (1080p) on most games , 4xIR on some games
http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/showt...?tid=18414

Woops, I read 9400 GT, which is 1x IR (in my opinion very slow). 9800 is a different story though. My bad.
(09-17-2012, 02:38 PM)Axxer Wrote: [ -> ]1) You can't compare PC games with emulation. They are two different things.
2) Both your CPU and your GPU are very slow for Dolphin.
3) We need your full settings (preferably as screenshots) in order to help you further.
4) I wouldnt use 3.0-766. I would use 3.0 (with no numbers after it). It's more stable and reliable and doesn't have any issues with SSBB.
Um, on second thought, how are you getting replaying video in us space emissary? A proper dump of your game (and not a downloaded ROM) wouldn't have that issue. Redump your game and come back.

Um...okay? Sorry? I'm no genius but if I was running it perfectly the first time, it can't be that bad for dolphin. At any rate, I just downloaded dolphin 3.0 like you said, and it plays the game, but the fps hovers between 30 and 60. How do I speed this emulator up? All of the settings have NOT been changed, so everything's default, fresh from install. What are my options?
its really simple, my friend has my game for the week and I wanted to play it. I don't even KNOW how to dump. I gave nintendo my money, if I didn't "dump" it, i'm still entitled to the rom. I OWN THE GAME, so just keep that in mind. I just want a back up on my pc if the wii craps.
You don't have a stable dump of the game. You need to Redump the game in order to have it work properly. Come back after you can do that.
i don't have my game here, my friend has it -.-

i dont care about the movies, i just want the frame rate up to at least 50 constant. do I have options for this?
I can't magically get the game from your friend, so it seems like you will need to get the disc back. That kind of a stripped dump of the game is not very stable and you should dump it cleanly. The file size should end up being about 8 GB. The reason your cheats made your game explode is, I assume, your ISO is bad.

EDIT: I don't think that system can do it.
but i ran it at 60 constant the first time, soo...yeah, im sure it can. I don't mean to sound rude, I'm in a bad mood.
all im saying is I was running it great once, with very little slow down, and now it isn't.
So it stopped crashing on you?
Pages: 1 2