Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Is My New Laptop Enough?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I just bought this laptop and I want to know if I can run Dolphin at least at 720p(Wii games like SSBB, Twilight Princess, etc). Also if you guys wanna suggest me any settings. I'm new at Dolphin, I've never before used it. Thanks in advance.

PS: I know this are the Dolphin but can I be able to run PCSX2?
CPU is a bit slow
(09-15-2012, 06:24 AM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]CPU is a bit slow

Oh. So I wont be able to play?

EDIT
Subscribed to your YouTube Channel
(09-15-2012, 06:27 AM)MakiManPR Wrote: [ -> ]

Some games will run fine, others won't.
(09-15-2012, 06:38 AM)gjfklhg Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-15-2012, 06:27 AM)MakiManPR Wrote: [ -> ]

Some games will run fine, others won't.

The games I posted(SSBB, Twilight Princess) will run?
Will I be able to play at 720p?
Quote:I just bought this laptop and I want to know if I can run Dolphin at least at 720p(Wii games like SSBB, Twilight Princess, etc)

Games will be playable but don't expect great performance

Quote:Also if you guys wanna suggest me any settings

Settings may vary from one game to another one so it depends on which games you're talking about

Quote:I know this are the Dolphin but can I be able to run PCSX2?

Once more it depends on which games you're planning to play. But PCSX2 will take advantage of your 4 cores. Dolphin won't since it uses only 3 cores (2 cores + 1 core for LLE)
They sold a refurbished laptop with Sandy Bridge CPU for 700$ ? And it's not even a gaming laptop
I think it's worth 500$ since you can get a new Ivy Bridge CPU + Dedicated GPU for 700$
(09-15-2012, 10:06 AM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]They sold a refurbished laptop with Sandy Bridge CPU for 700$ ? And it's not even a gaming laptop
I think it's worth 500$ since you can get a new Ivy Bridge CPU + Dedicated GPU for 700$

Where? Link me. I thought this laptop was cheap.
newegg.com . A refurbished laptop is a laptop that has been RMAed back to the manufacturer and repaired or modified to appear and function as if it were new . Basicallly , you just bought a used notebook -> Price should drop by half
I saw a certion person who tried to sell his Alienware (1xxx$) here for only 500$ or lower...
You can just ignore me because i don't like refurbished laptop.
If you're lucky , the laptop will last for a long time... who know
(09-17-2012, 09:54 AM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]newegg.com . A refurbished laptop is a laptop that has been RMAed back to the manufacturer and repaired or modified to appear and function as if it were new . Basicallly , you just bought a used notebook -> Price should drop by half
I saw a certion person who tried to sell his Alienware (1xxx$) here for only 500$ or lower...
You can just ignore me because i don't like refurbished laptop.
If you're lucky , the laptop will last for a long time... who know

This laptop cost $900 new...

EDIT

Tried Dolphin and everything runs fast
Pages: 1 2