Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Maybe a suggestion ... maybe not.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've seen some interesting thing: The emulator of the Android SDK. Unlike the Windows Phone emulator, that runs an x86/x64 compiled version of the ROM, the Android Emulator seems to emulate a real full ARM system.

And now the interesting thing: To speed up things, it supports hardware virtualization. I think the biggest part here ist virtualizing the MMU instead of emulating it.

Maybe virtualizing the MMU could be a thing, that also could be used in Dolphin.

Just an idea.
I'm guessing you don't understand the difference between virtualization and emulation. I'm also guessing that you don't understand what hardware virtualization is. I'll just leave it at that.
(09-15-2012, 02:40 AM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]I'm guessing you don't understand the difference between virtualization and emulation.

[ ] You are able to answer without sensless flames.

Sorry. All you "super" users can do here is flame, flame, flame. No wonder, that there is no really significant progress last years. You should go to a shool, where to learn "how do I communicate with other people than nerds".

Did you read all above? Did you dismissed, what I wrote? Did you brought only one fact? No? I know for shure, what an emulation is and what a virtual mashine. I am using such things since Amiga times. Game Gear Emulator. SNES Emulator. Gameboy Emulator. Emulator for other computers was for example there a 386 emulator (yeah. Windows in 386 emulation on a 7 MHz host). A virtual mashine for Amiga was for expample ShapeShifter, a virtualized environment to run 68k MacOS on 68k Amiga system.

The Android Emulator in the SDK of course is no VM, as it is running ARM compiled operating system and applications. If it would be a virtual mashine, it would require x86 compiled versions of the ROM and Apps, like Windows Phone 7 SDK do. So you say that this is no emulation? Than you should better ask your question to yourself!
......here we go again.

KarstenS Wrote:[ ] You are able to answer without sensless flames.

How is that a flame? Was I aggressive in any way?

KarstenS Wrote:Sorry. All you "super" users can do here is flame, flame, flame.

See above.

KarstenS Wrote:No wonder, that there is no really significant progress last years.

I'm not sure what this has to do with the development progress.

KarstenS Wrote:You should go to a shool, where to learn "how do I communicate with other people than nerds".

Creating an aggressive post to complain about other people being aggressive is probably not the best way to get your point across.

KarstenS Wrote:Did you read all above?

Yes.

KarstenS Wrote:Did you dismissed, what I wrote?

I read it, then I pointed out some topics that you should probably read up on.

KarstenS Wrote:Did you brought only one fact? No?

What?

KarstenS Wrote:I know for shure, what an emulation is and what a virtual mashine. I am using such things since Amiga times. Game Gear Emulator. SNES Emulator. Gameboy Emulator. Emulator for other computers was for example there a 386 emulator (yeah. Windows in 386 emulation on a 7 MHz host). A virtual mashine for Amiga was for expample ShapeShifter, a virtualized environment to run 68k MacOS on 68k Amiga system.

If you understood that then why did you make that suggestion? Your suggestion doesn't make sense.

KarstenS Wrote:The Android Emulator in the SDK of course is no VM, as it is running ARM compiled operating system and applications.

It's technically both. It has the components/functionality of both a VM and an emulator.

KarstenS Wrote:If it would be a virtual mashine, it would require x86 compiled versions of the ROM and Apps, like Windows Phone 7 SDK do.

Not necessarily.

KarstenS Wrote:So you say that this is no emulation?

I never said that.

KarstenS Wrote:Than you should better ask your question to yourself!

What?
(09-15-2012, 05:15 AM)KarstenS Wrote: [ -> ]No wonder, that there is no really significant progress last years.

I'm happy you're here to solve this problem. I'll be waiting for your patch.

Don't forget to tell us when you'll be able to emulate the R/C bits of PTE entries using hardware assisted MMU emulation.