Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Help with yellow text :(
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, i got a question Sad

i want to record some stuff with fraps but i got some problems

i mainly use the emulator for good old gamecube games, but i got some problems,

1: everytime i press f12 it says something like state not found, even if the key isnt binded in the hotkey settings

2: it seems like i cant remove the yellow text, thats my main problem, because i want to record some gameplay stuff with fraps

everything runs smooth at the moment in this games

super mario sunshine
paper mario the thousand year door
tloz windwaker
and luigis mansion, no slowdowns..but maybe you could still tell me the perfect settings for that

, and i use direct x 11 because for me it runs really smooth and has no texture bugs
Manully move in thru FRAPS
(09-14-2012, 04:18 AM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]Manully move in thru FRAPS

hm, what do you mean?^^ and i dont mean the fraps fps thing, i mean the yellow text like @ the beginning that shows my cpu, and everytime i save the game Sad
I don't know what ExtremeDude2 means either, as i've never tried recording with fraps, but as for your problem:
1. Just...Stop pressing f12??? i know this sounds stupid but as far as i can see there is no save state shortcut assigned to f12 by default anyway. It only goes up to f8...so why press it? Also, if it says state not found it means you didn't savestate with shift+f12 anyway. Just...use the normal saves? IDK, i never recommend using save states, not sure how they work.
2.The yellow text that shows your specs when you start up a game cannot be hidden. You'll simply have to cope with this.
(09-14-2012, 05:27 AM)DarkSharingan Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know what ExtremeDude2 means either, as i've mever tried recording with fraps, but as for your problem:
1. Uhm...Stop pressing f12??? i know this sounds stupid but as far as i can see there is no save state shortcut assigned to f12 by default anyway. It only goes up to f8...so why press it? Also, if it says state not found it means you didn't savestate with shift+f12 anyway. Just...use the normal saves? IDK, i never recommend using save states, not sure how they work.
2.The yellow text that shows your specs when you start up a game cannot be hidden. You'll simply have to cope with this.

f12 is my fraps record key Smile

^^

and thetest at the beginning isnt even that bad, even if its still a bit annoying if you want to record something

but my main problem is, if i save in any game, like paper mario 2 or sunshine you'l see a yellow text in the corner savin file : something with raw and stuff Sad

The yellow text cannot be "turned off" via settings or whatnot. You'd have to edit and compile the source code to do that. There was actually a thread about doing just that a while ago. Use the forum search for "yellow text", it should be one of the longer threads in the results.
Your options:

1) Change your record button
2) Don't save while recording
3) Crop the text out after recording
4) Change the source code
(09-14-2012, 05:58 AM)Shonumi Wrote: [ -> ]The yellow text cannot be "turned off" via settings or whatnot. You'd have to edit and compile the source code to do that. There was actually a thread about doing just that a while ago. Use the forum search for "yellow text", it should be one of the longer threads in the results.

thanks, i found it..but i'm not that good with programing Sad

its just a bit stupid if you want to record some gameplay stuff and everytime you save a blue coin in sunshine for example you get that yellow text^^

but looks like i have to live with it Sad

I don't know if I read this right but what I do when I record is go full screen on a second monitor and make sure it is not current window. For example I have firefox clicked as my main window. The Hotkey should only work if the window is active.

Sorry if this doesn't make any sense. I'm really tired.

Edit: just to clarify, I was talking about the dolphin hotkey and not the FRAPS Hotkey.