Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: I can't for the life of me rip a friggin game.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Jdonker07

Alright, so I have the HL-DT-STDVD-ROM GDR8164B0D08 optical drive (one of the approved ones) and I downloaded rawdump 2.1.
So far so good. However, when I insert a disc, rawdump doesn't recognize it and a spinning cd appears next to my cursor.
I figured, "What the hell, why not try dumping anyway?"
My drive didn't like that and gave me the cold shoulder by "Not Responding," so I'm a little confused. Help?
Did you try Friidump? It's the same as Rawdump and might be better.
What game is it? Is it dual-layered? Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Xenoblade, Metroid Prime Trilogy, and Metroid Other M are all dual-layered discs and can only be dumped with friidump 0.4

Jdonker07

Yes, I tried friidump and no, I tried with twilight princess for the wii.
For friidump, it would say it recognized my drive and approved it. Then it would start initializing the drive, then fail.
I got so frustrated that I decided to just borrow my friend's wii and softmod it, so it should work (I say that with extreme hesitancy, given my luck).
I'll update in a little bit if I run into anymore problems. Thanks anyway, all!
(09-14-2012, 01:21 PM)Jdonker07 Wrote: [ -> ]I got so frustrated that I decided to just borrow my friend's wii and softmod it, so it should work (I say that with extreme hesitancy, given my luck).

Dumping the game through a Wii through CleanRip will work 100% unless your game disc is broken Tongue