Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: TimeSplitters 2 Render all of maps?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

CairnTrenor

Hello there, for a while now i have been using 3D ripper DX to rip characters and maps from Timesplitters 2 for a mod in UT2004. I have done well, doing a combination of 60 characters and 4 maps, the only problem is, some of the maps get very very tricky. To the point where they become almost impossible. The reason of this is because the map renders in small chunks, i have used noclip cheats with A.R to fly above the map, and instead of seeing the whole map, i see the chunk i was in? normally the room i was in. If i am outside, it normally rips allot of geometry apart from the inside parts.

So my question is.. Is there a way to turn off the rendering or a console command to allow all of the map to show so i can take it all as one? if this is possible, i would be very happy!

Thank you.
Have you tried just using the free-look hack in the Advanced tab of the Graphics setting? It seems to render the whole level when you zoom up top and look down, though the screen starts splitting in squares. Still, you can tell the whole level is being rendered, might take some fiddling with to get any decent results.

CairnTrenor

(09-13-2012, 06:59 AM)Shonumi Wrote: [ -> ]Have you tried just using the free-look hack in the Advanced tab of the Graphics setting? It seems to render the whole level when you zoom up top and look down, though the screen starts splitting in squares. Still, you can tell the whole level is being rendered, might take some fiddling with to get any decent results.

Tried it, still only renders the room i am currently in. But maybe your right, i'll try fiddling with it and see if i can get the map to show up. But i doubt it Sad

I can confirm that no matter where i move in free look, the map does not show up. Only the piece i am in.
Which map are you trying to rip? Flying up and looking down seems to work reasonably well for Ice Station. It might work best with rather open environments. The game itself probably only draws the scenes where a player is located at, given there's no need (ordinarily) to draw things the player won't see. I'll bet that the game still knows what the map should look like (geometry, textures, player and bot locations) but it's doesn't draw things outside of a certain limit to reduce resource consumption. That's just my guess though.

CairnTrenor

Yes, ice station is a bign outside map tho. Is there anyway to disable this? or any help you could give me?