Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [WIP] Bugfixes/hacks
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Tonight I've been busy with 2 bugfixes/hacks.
I don't want to distribute them as *.patch/*.diff yet (they are still WIPs), but I would like testers.

Tonight I was bored, so I decided to play Madworld. When I saw the crash in Asian Town I wanted Dolphin to be as compatible as possible, so I did a little fixing to it.

The bugfixes/hacks are :

- Fix for (hardware) audio +/- buttons accidentally opening the "Open File" dialog (improved from my old one...now fixes disc changing)

- Fix for Madworld's Asian Town crash. (without this hack you couldn't fully play Madworld's Asian Town on Dolphin as it would always crash directly before the first cutscene after playing for a bit...)

Cutscene and onwards now work :

[Image: rzze8p1.png]
[Image: rzze8p2.png]

The Madworld hack is known to affect the Asian Town Bus (missing some textures, rainbow light-like thing from below) but prevents crashing in Asian Town. (and possibly others)

Also included are the Xenoblade HLE Hack and Scaling Patch (sorry, it's 5 AM for me and I'm too tired to remove them)

Downloads : (EXE only for now)

x64: http://fs09n1.sendspace.com/dl/39753a5ba...nload-.rar

I've noticed the following settings allow Madworld to look the "cleanest" possible combined with my hack : (otherwise it may produce excess garbage surfaces)

Skip EFB Access from CPU OFF
EFB Copies to TEXTURE
OMP Enabled
MMU DISABLED
BAT DISABLED
VBeam ENABLED
Block Merging DISABLED
Quote:I don't want to distribute them as *.patch/*.diff yet

This is illegal: Dolphin is released under the GPL license which means you must distribute the source code of the application (or at least your patches) along with any binary build.

Also note that your first fix was already fixed in master a long time ago...
(09-10-2012, 03:17 AM)delroth Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:I don't want to distribute them as *.patch/*.diff yet

This is illegal: Dolphin is released under the GPL license which means you must distribute the source code of the application (or at least your patches) along with any binary build.

Also note that your first fix was already fixed in master a long time ago...

I apologize. It wasn't like I wasn't planning on releasing them as patches; I just wanted to allow users to test it for now. If it's really still required to distribute the source immediately, I guess I don't have a choice now.

(replace Core/VideoCommon/Src/VertexLoader.cpp)

http://depositfiles.com/files/92f5n7tmm

Note: It does still crash while debugging (in MSVC/VSPro), but when running it without debugging the crash is fixed.

Really? The audio button problem has been persistent for me. (up to 3.0-766)

Additionally, the following projection hack fixes a ton of bad graphics in Asian Town (they come a bit later) :

zNear: (don't put anything)
zFar : 2
(-)+zNear CHECKED
(-)+zFar UNCHECKED
Extra Parameter UNCHECKED

There are still bad graphics, but there's significantly less of them (and this projection hack seemed to give me +20% speed in Madworld)
Its only illegal if someone requests it. IANAL but he probably has a "reasonable" amount of time to provide source after someone ask for it.