Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin 3.0 Release Vs 3.0-xxx
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I do not know if this is the correct place to post this, or if someone already posted something. If I am committing any violation, please excuse me and correct me.

First I would like to congratulate the team that is working to improve the Dolphin. Congratulations.

I have a question about dolphin version, I saw on the download section
two different version of dolphin.

1- dolphin 3.0-765:i can see that this version is upgrading so faster I don't know 1 o 2 time for week.
2- dolphin 3.0 release.

how is the different between both version and what is better

thank
1st - The Dolphin 3.0-XXX are not official releases. Little bit experimental, but the git versions have the latest bug fixes, stability improvements etc.
2nd - Dolphin X.0 is a official release, stable and no longer experimental.
DolPhin 3.0 is the "stable" release; in other words, it is tried-and-true, unlikely to have any major crashing problems, and has excellent compatibility/speed. The 3.0-xxx is a development build, and this might not be as stable or fast, but may have improved compatibility.
will be coming a official release of a new dolphin version ? maybe Dolphin 4.0 ?
and what you think about a programmer tutorial ? or is it to hard for people there have no knowledge about this stuff ?
Yep, Dolphin 4.0 is on the way Tongue

And concerning development, take a look @ the googlecode page of Dolphin -> http://code.google.com/p/dolphin-emu
ok thx man .. and have you maybe more info about 4.0 Wink hehe