Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: GPU suggestions?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Saucer

I'm looking to upgrade my GPU and would appreciate some suggestions. My budget is $200, and I'd like to be able to play most games at 60fps in 1920x1080 resolution.

Some game examples: Arc Rise Fantasia, Deepak Chopra's Leela, Mario Kart, The Last Story, Rune Factory series, Xenoblade Chronicles, Monster Hunter Tri, Shiren the Wanderer.

I'd also like to be able to play the PCSX2 emulator using similar settings and achieve the same performance (60fps/1920x1080).

I don't know what kind of graphics card I need, so any suggestions (and reasons/explanations why) would be most welcome. Thanks!
(09-04-2012, 06:28 AM)Saucer Wrote: [ -> ]I'm looking to upgrade my GPU and would appreciate some suggestions. My budget is $200, and I'd like to be able to play most games at 60fps in 1920x1080 resolution.

Some game examples: Arc Rise Fantasia, Deepak Chopra's Leela, Mario Kart, The Last Story, Rune Factory series, Xenoblade Chronicles, Monster Hunter Tri, Shiren the Wanderer.

I'd also like to be able to play the PCSX2 emulator using similar settings and achieve the same performance (60fps/1920x1080).

I don't know what kind of graphics card I need, so any suggestions (and reasons/explanations why) would be most welcome. Thanks!

GTX 560.

No contest.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6814130662

Great for PC games @ 1080p as well.

If you want cheaper:

GTX 550 Ti.

Similar performance in Dolphin, much lower 1080p performance in more demanding PC games.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6814130625
You cant play most of the games at 60 fps ( for example last story and xenoblade ) because they were not made to be played at that fps.
Both xenoblade and last story are 30fps only games ( 25 if you get pal version )
Dont know about others you mentioned

Also,I agree with 560 suggestion.