Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Advice for Wind Waker?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Trogdor8freebird

Sorry if I put this in the wrong thread topic, couldn't seem to find out which would be the best.

I know my CPU isn't very high end or anything (Intel Pentium Dual-core @ 2.60 GHz), but I think I remember being able to play Wind Waker around a year ago with the same cpu more smoothly than now. Now, whether or not I run on Medium-high settings or lowest possible settings that I can find, it seems to run a bit slow. I know people are going to say to upgrade my cpu, but please keep that at a minimum. I just want to know how to run this game better.

Things I currently do (Remember, GPU is way good enough):
*End unnecessary processes: (explorer.exe, realtek hd audio manager, search protocol host, desktop window manager) leaving nothing but dolphin and necessary processes for Windows 7 to run.
*I use JIT Recompiler (The emulator Engine)
*Frame limit set to auto
*Using DSP HLE emulation (Sound Engine)
*Under the properties of the game, I disabled both "Enable bounding box calculation" & "ZTP Hack

*This is where I may need help. Currently under graphics hacks and under embedded frame buffer, I have "Skip EFB access from cpu" unchecked, "Ignore format changes" checked, & the EFB copies go to texture with the texture cache being "fast" to the max.
*External Frame Buffer is disabled
*Have nothing checked under the advanced tab.

I can't overclock my cpu so that's not an option, and AT LEAST for a few months I can't get a new cpu because of some personal financial issues & debates.
If you can help, thanks.
If not, thanks for trying.
If you respond negatively, then you're a jerk. =)
Sorry if my grammar isn't perfect.
It is because dolphin in now more demanding then it was when you tried it before.

Trogdor8freebird

(09-04-2012, 12:19 AM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]It is because dolphin in now more demanding then it was when you tried it before.
Ok, what version of the emulator do you think I should download for it?
You should definitely try the official Dolphin 3.0 release. It's still a fast and stable version Wink

But don't expect too much as your CPU is pretty weak.

Trogdor8freebird

Ok, update.
Interestingly enough - I made no changes except one (The item hang fix to skip the beginning cutscene) and it now plays max fps with semi-consistency.
But, there's now a problem. My sound is almost completely gone. There is no music, and no SFX with the exception of a few things (i.e, reverb and tapping of footsteps.)
I also disabled the item hang fix, and for some weird reason it still goes full fps with nearly no sound. This is a completely separate issue and I don't really have a problem with it, so I wouldn't mind it much if someone didn't address this, but then if you want to, I will be appreciative.
I believe LLE can fix some sound issues in this game (but your CPU wouldn't be able to handle it so you would just have to live with these issues).

Item Hang only works sometimes for some people, and causes issues -- I used it for a bit and it caused only some music and some sfx to stop playing, while other sounds played fine. This sounds like the issue you are having, but you said you disabled item hang I think? Idk. LLE would help, but it would be too slow.