Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Monster Hunter Tri (disable CPU Help needed)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I never said 3.0 and above is better performance-wise, just supported and less prone to bugs. Telling some one to "try" a specific older revision is the same as recommending it, you're still telling them to use it in some way, especially since you offered a direct link. Like I said, talk about old revs and your experiences all you like, but don't tell people that they should use them. That's the rules of the forum and how we operate.
Yeah mate, I'm encouraging him to try. Cool, so I guess I will just post a few screens with exact same settings and let the man decide for himself if it is worth spending less than a minute on downloading thing that could help.

@op
click each image for gallery
[Image: Gb2Qrl.jpg]
3.0:
FOR ME slows down when there are >3 monsters on a map. I get that slowdowns everywhere to be honest, farm, city (city is the slowest part in the game so far), on the Great Jaggi (first quest) I could only hope for about 70-80% of speed, qurupeco? Well it summoned Rathalos/Rathian for me once .. it was even worse than 70% speed. Farming it came out to be nearly impossible due to the slowdowns (matrix slowdowns). The only time you could get true 100% was looking on the ground and not moving at all. Underwater fights? Nope, not for me. Came down to about 25-26 fps with Gobul. On my other save - Gigginox poison sometimes killed the emulator for me, I mean it slowed down to such extend that I had to wait for about 45 seconds for it to start running well again. Such slowdowns (dropping to 80% of speed) occured to ME every 20-30 seconds, depending on what map the quest was on. Although it (not suprisingly) has less graphical bugs the compatibility FOR ME goes from perfect to "average" or "playable (a little)". I'm not a big fan of timelapse animations in game, I prefer playing it.
ps. It was all without the buff that you can see on my 5474 screens. The buff itself made it all unplayable on 3.00.

[Image: tQtILl.jpg]
But screens doesn't always show everything
Just had one problem with it. Your character skin turned pitch black (texture not loading) while going on fullscreen. It fixed itself upon going to/finishing the quest, moreover it doesn't appear when you fullscreen before loading your save, so it's not a big problem for me. The only time I couldn't get 100% was in the village (26-28 fps from 30). Nearly no slowdowns for ME in the game itself, only Town, Great Jaggi when monster count >10 and that really makes it. No crashes so far (2 saves, about 50 hrs of playing <due to psp mhp3rd that I play like a nolife>), worth trying.
ps. I play with the bloom on. You can always turn it off and gain a few fps'es. I didn't see a point in that since it worked perfectly. Also it gives out such an nice aura but kills the cpu/gpu a bit. So it works even better with this one turned off.

also:
win7 x64
phenom x4 955 (3.2 ghzx4)
4 GB Kingston ddr2 ram
nvidia geforce gt430 (meh, still does it job)
Pages: 1 2