Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [Bug Report] "Load Custom Textures" requires a texture or game crashes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Since I haven't used custom textures in another game, I only know how to reproduce the bug in Xenoblade Chronicles. When there is a missing texture and you scroll through the maps menu, the game crashes. I don't understand why this happens because I thought if there was no custom texture, it would use the original texture.

Settings I'm using at the moment:
[Image: 5vt5af.png]
Use v4.0U custom textures

How to reproduce the bug:
1. Delete the Ether Mine preview image from the custom textures "...\[XbC HD Retexture] v4.0 USER'S PACK\02 - General User Interface (UI)\01 - General Menu\SX4P01_25b5a47c_14.png"
2. Throw in the custom textures into the custom texture folder
3. Check on "Load Custom Textures"
4. Start the game and enter the maps menu with the quick jumps and all
5. Scroll down to Ether Mine and the game should crash

Since there isn't a custom texture for it, I thought it would use the original texture, but I guess there is something wrong with how Dolphin loads up these images. A quick way to fix it is to put a custom texture there.

Thanks!
Disable Cache Display Lists.
(09-01-2012, 10:58 PM)Garteal Wrote: [ -> ]Disable Cache Display Lists.
Well that's not much of a bug then Tongue

Anyway thanks.
So uh, disabling DL cache resolved the issue?
(09-02-2012, 03:46 AM)neobrain Wrote: [ -> ]So uh, disabling DL cache resolved the issue?
Sorry I unconsciously typed my last post (lol). I don't even remember when I posted it.

I just tried it again and it still does it.
Here's a better way to reproduce it.

This time I disabled all non-defaulted hacks and turned on "Texture to Ram" and it still does it.

This should happen before it crashes.
[Image: 2zpqu6u.png]
In the image above, the small original ether mine picture seems to be the problem. It indicates areas where the crash will happen. The large remade colony 6 picture is still in the background but the original ether mine picture should have the same full size. the crash only happens on the Xenoblade map screen and nowhere else. Currently there are only the last two area images missing in the latest texture pack.