Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: What cpu do you recommend me
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi
I’m new in this about dolphin emulator this is my situation
I want to change my cpu (I have an Athlon ii X2 250) but my economic is limit right now, I’m thinking to change for these two cpu, intel i3 2100 (maybe an evy) Or a phenom ii x4 965BE.
But I don’t know, because if a change to intel I will need to change the mobo too. I use the virtual pc (vmware) such much too

What cpu do you recommend me for this tasks, play on dolphin game like (Zelda tp, Zelda ww,
Metroid prime, Mario kart) and use my virtual lab too,
I know that, maybe i'll need overclock my cpu, I will.
Ahhh how many FPS can i play Zelda tp on hyrule field with this cpu (i3 or x4) because with my actual cpu the game go to 18 – 21 fps ,
thank
Phenom II and overclock.
Should be easier in Hyrule Field Smile
(08-31-2012, 10:59 PM)LordVador Wrote: [ -> ]Phenom II and overclock.

If he doesn't want to change his mobo anyway
The Phenom II X4 with open multilplier is good, if u don't want to change your MoBo and if you don't want to spend much money Wink

If you have enough money, go for a Z77 MoBo with a Core i5-3570k Cool
(08-31-2012, 11:19 PM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-31-2012, 10:59 PM)LordVador Wrote: [ -> ]Phenom II and overclock.

If he doesn't want to change his mobo anyway

Yes and compared to 2100 I guess Phenom II is still a good choice
I don't have problem to change my mobo if is for an intel i3 but right now I cant go for a i5 ,
if i3 + mobo > phemon II = I3+mobo, there is no problem, but i5+mobo = my wife kill me.Angel

but if phemon II can play Zelda tp 25-30 fps in hirule field I will be happy.(for me) i don't need to play 60 fps
You can always buy cheaper i5 such as i5 2400
Although i3 2100 @ 3.5GHz will blow away Phenom II @ 4.2GHz
Make sure you buy Asrock Z77 mobo
Quote:Zelda tp 25-30 fps in hirule field I will be happy.(for me) i don't need to play 60 fps
Fullspeed for Zelda TP :
Pal version : 25 FPS
NTSC version : 30 FPS
60 FPS is double-speed . I doubt you could play at that speed
(08-31-2012, 11:25 PM)DefenderX Wrote: [ -> ]The Phenom II X4 with open multilplier is good, if u don't want to change your MoBo and if you don't want to spend much money Wink

If you have enough money, go for a Z77 MoBo with a Core i5-3570k Cool

You can't get a used 3570k for the price of a new 965 Black. Not to mention buying a new motherboard as well. It will be far more economical to stick with AMD.

Personally I've used both CPUs you mentioned and it takes a LOT to slow them down in Dolphin. LLE and multiplayer are the two biggest challenges I've come across, but with a sufficient overclock and a good CPU cooler you won't have a problem.
(08-31-2012, 11:40 PM)shiblum Wrote: [ -> ]but if phemon II can play Zelda tp 25-30 fps in hirule field I will be happy.(for me) i don't need to play 60 fps

It is only a 30 FPS game
Pages: 1 2