Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Im getting some serious slowdown
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

corehoof

But I am not sure it should be slowing down to say 50 percent or less during a play of Tales of Symphonia..
CPU: Intel i7 1.7~ mobile sped up to 1.86~
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce 460m
RAM: 4gb RAM dual channel

I messed with getting my physical audio drives dump because the audio was choppy and fixed that, when its actually running the intro at 100 percent its clean and not choppy anymore, i was super stoked. but then i proceeded to actually play the game now and now its currently FPS :30 VPS: 30 running at 50% and the FPS is capped at 65.. it will get there when im not playing the actual game.

Pls halp im new! XD

(08-31-2012, 04:34 AM)corehoof Wrote: [ -> ]I messed with getting my physical audio drives dump because the audio was choppy and fixed that

So you're using LLE audio?

(08-31-2012, 04:34 AM)corehoof Wrote: [ -> ]CPU: Intel i7 1.7~ mobile sped up to 1.86~

There's you problem, your CPU is way too weak to play this game with LLE audio. You'll need something about as powerful as my CPU (a Sandy Bridge @ 3.3GHz) to run it smoothly without slowdowns.

corehoof

(08-31-2012, 04:46 AM)Shonumi Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-31-2012, 04:34 AM)corehoof Wrote: [ -> ]I messed with getting my physical audio drives dump because the audio was choppy and fixed that

So you're using LLE audio?

(08-31-2012, 04:34 AM)corehoof Wrote: [ -> ]CPU: Intel i7 1.7~ mobile sped up to 1.86~

There's you problem, your CPU is way too weak to play this game with LLE audio. You'll need something about as powerful as my CPU (a Sandy Bridge @ 3.3GHz) to run it smoothly without slowdowns.
I have significantly more at home sadly but this is.....shh...this is my work laptop. I like to whip out my controller and play some RPGs at lunch. Dammit. xD Yeah I had to go to LLE the audio was completely chopped on every game it seemed.. and I am a RPG soundtrack fanboy. But damn. I guess i finally have to figure out how to get to the CPU and peripherals on this laptop finally. Im no laptop kind of tinkerer. hm..
I already miss my 4600k Ivy Bridge... Maybe ill just try doing this at home.

Thank you! Big Grin
4600K ivy bridge?
(08-31-2012, 07:23 AM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]4600K ivy bridge?

That is was what I was wondering, I'd guess that he is talking about 2600k sandybridge
(08-31-2012, 07:23 AM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]4600K ivy bridge?

time travelers.... fuck em they have all the nice things
4xxx wouldn't even be ivy bridge. That would be ivy bridge-E or haswell. Since it's 46xx that would be haswell, assuming of course that Intel continues the current numbering system.