Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Any way to run this on a Mac Intel ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(04-01-2009, 10:17 PM)algarues Wrote: [ -> ]do you mean that you were able to use a real wiimote with dolphin in crossover?

ive never tried the real wiimote but i guess if u can connect it, it would work

and in my experience, crossover is much better than darwine because crossover has dx9, opengl, and all that stuff couldnt work properly on darwine. i should try it again maybe its improved?

EDIT: and if you want to use the pad plugin, u need to download XINPUT1.3.dll and put it in the crossover sys32 bottle directory

cmccmc

my cousin's works
If there is no way of getting Dolphin to run on OS/X, consider installing Linux on your box, either as the main O/S or on a separate partition. Linux is free and powerful, and you can configure your desktop to look just like Mac OS/X's desktop (I've done this, in fact. I even have that fancy dock bar).

If you like an easy installation, but with slightly delayed package updates, choose Debian: http://www.debian.org/. This is a binary based installation, meaning installation of new packages is very fast (and easy).

If you like to customize everything, with the most up to date program versions, choose Gentoo: http://www.gentoo.org/. Beware, installing Gentoo requires you to have the 'Installation Handbook' handy at all times. Also, Gentoo is a source based distribution, installing packages takes a long time. New users will want to try Debian or Ubuntu.

Or a nice OS/X user could send you a precompiled, working binary. They are out there, I hope they will find this thread.
Well, I'm still downloading Xcode. But I have the feeling that it's not gonna work. Wink
(04-02-2009, 05:18 PM)itzamna Wrote: [ -> ]If there is no way of getting Dolphin to run on OS/X, consider installing Linux on your box, either as the main O/S or on a separate partition. Linux is free and powerful, and you can configure your desktop to look just like Mac OS/X's desktop (I've done this, in fact. I even have that fancy dock bar).

Excuse me? Do I tell you to switch OS to run some software? Please don't tell us Mac users to.
Pages: 1 2