Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Improving pc for using dolphin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

gerkrt

Hi im spanish sorry for my bad english. I was testing dolphin and its great but... well, using the fastest configuration possible, it runs at the limit, mario kart runs at 30-40fps but the game i liked more, zelda ww, runs very slow, falling to 20fps when the map is full of objects. As you see, the emulator its a very limit of being playable.

Im using windows xp sp2, 9500gs, c2c 6320 at 1,86ghz and 2gb of ram.

Well, i was thinking if i can improve the rendiment. The ram i see isnta a problem but the cpu its at max consumption when paying. As for gpu...

Well obviusly, what im talking is what do you think i need to improve to run this? i just need to play at the basic mode without extras.
you need a faster CPU, to run games at full speed its best to just get something like core i5 sandbridge CPU (K SKU) and overclock to 4ghz (easy feat) but this would mean you buying a completely new system. (1155 is compatable with your (i think) 775 socket cpu
(08-30-2012, 04:38 AM)gerkrt Wrote: [ -> ]As you see, the emulator its a very limit of being playable.

No, your hardware is at its limit, your CPU is too slow. Try this settings but it wont make much difference http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/showthread.php?tid=23618

EDIT: Ninja'd

gerkrt

(08-30-2012, 04:55 AM)Zee530 Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-30-2012, 04:38 AM)gerkrt Wrote: [ -> ]As you see, the emulator its a very limit of being playable.

No, your hardware is at its limit, your CPU is too slow. Try this settings but it wont make much difference http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/showthread.php?tid=23618

EDIT: Ninja'd
ยด

I already readed and using that. Well then the bottleneck here is the cpu you say? that cpu can be overclokced up to 3,6ghz, althought i dont want that i i dont have a correct cooler. You thing overclocking will give me some extra fps? is noticable?
(08-30-2012, 05:42 AM)gerkrt Wrote: [ -> ]I already readed and using that. Well then the bottleneck here is the cpu you say? that cpu can be overclokced up to 3,6ghz, althought i dont want that i i dont have a correct cooler. You thing overclocking will give me some extra fps? is noticable?

Yes, overclocking will help you a lot in your case. Your CPU's default clock speed of 1.86GHz is very slow for Dolphin for all but some of the weakest games.

gerkrt

ok then thanks i will test it and tell the impressions