Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: A little help on configuration
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Vicks

Hello! I'm almost new at the site and on this emulator, and want some help on the configuration with the emulator on my PC. Hope you can help.

My PC specs:

Core2duo 6320 1.86Ghz
2Gb ram DDR2
9500GT 1Gb DDR2
Xi-Fi soundblaster.

The OS can be Windows vista SP2 or Windows XP SP3 (wich one is better to run the emulator on my PC) cause i have double boot.

So with this, i want to know the overall configuration i should use with the Dolphin r3661 to run the games at good framing and quality.

Also i want to know if can run the Super Mario Galaxy with this PC to the end.

Thank you beforehand.
You're not going to get full speed unless you overclock

Darksider

(07-07-2009, 02:19 PM)boogerlad Wrote: [ -> ]You're not going to get full speed unless you overclock

Mind telling me how a 2.4GHz quad core can't run Super Mario Galaxy?

Intel C2Q Q6600 2.4GHz
ATi PowerColor HD4870 1GB
4GB 1600MHz DDR3

Windows 7 RC1

I get about 17-20FPS ingame, which I find very very odd.
I've never used Dolphin before but I did expect my computer to do a little more than unplayable.
Dolphin recognizes only 2 cores from your processor, it's better have fast Dual Core than slow Quad Core for Dolphin
(07-08-2009, 03:19 AM)Darksider Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-07-2009, 02:19 PM)boogerlad Wrote: [ -> ]You're not going to get full speed unless you overclock

Mind telling me how a 2.4GHz quad core can't run Super Mario Galaxy?

Intel C2Q Q6600 2.4GHz
ATi PowerColor HD4870 1GB
4GB 1600MHz DDR3

Windows 7 RC1

I get about 17-20FPS ingame, which I find very very odd.
I've never used Dolphin before but I did expect my computer to do a little more than unplayable.

Dolphin does not utilize the 4 cores on your processor. I have a dual core clocked @ 3.0 ghz and I get about 30 at the start of the game.

Darksider

So I'm not going to get a higher framerate than 17-20FPS just because I have a four core processor?
I had it overclocked before but since I have DDR3 it renders my system quite unstable.

I think I read somewhere that all you need is a 2.4GHz C2D in order to get full-speed on most games though. Does no one get 60FPS in Galaxy?
lower ram to fsb divider/ratio to 1:1. Raise fsb and voltage. Done.
(07-08-2009, 04:14 AM)Darksider Wrote: [ -> ]So I'm not going to get a higher framerate than 17-20FPS just because I have a four core processor?
I had it overclocked before but since I have DDR3 it renders my system quite unstable.

I think I read somewhere that all you need is a 2.4GHz C2D in order to get full-speed on most games though. Does no one get 60FPS in Galaxy?

Right now-No

It's still in the making.Smile