Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin not reading certain save data
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a problem, I play on Dolphin 3.0-757, and I was having sound problems on a certain gamecube came, so I wanted to try a different version of Dolphin, as the version I was using had limited sound options. So I got set up on this different version of Dolphin (all it said was 3.0, idk the exact version) with my games, game saves etc., and the game told me I had to format the memory card. I didn't want to do this, as I had alot of game data on the memory card (I tried importing the game saves individually, no luck) so I switched back to 3.0-757. All my save data was still on 3.0-757, except for one game save, all the games had save data except for one game. Huh I tried loading the memory card numerous times, and importing the .gci save file numerous times, but the game refuses to read the data on the memory card. Is there any fix for this? BTW the game is Megaman X: Command Mission.
it could be that the gamesave isnt normally copyable (copy protected) and that just moving the GCI file the memorycard is in effect currupted as the hashs dont match, but im not sure abuot this, changing dolphin versions down can break things aswell thats why its best to stick with 3.0 for now
Any other solutions, anyone?
For future reference, you can just rename the exe file "dolphin 3.0" or something and put it in there; it'll automatically have all of your settings and saves that way. However, you will have to goin to config every time you swap to add a GameCube controller, as well as make sure your internal resolution is good.
(09-01-2012, 04:05 AM)Axxer Wrote: [ -> ]For future reference, you can just rename the exe file "dolphin 3.0" or something and put it in there; it'll automatically have all of your settings and saves that way. However, you will have to goin to config every time you swap to add a GameCube controller, as well as make sure your internal resolution is good.

But will it save the GC Save data? I think I might have accidentally exported
something, which affected the game somehow, cause all my other games have save data and this game doesn't. Idk how to fix it. It SAYS the game data is on the memory card, but the game won't read it.

Something had a glitch along the way and it sucks, but you might just have to deal. That's why I said "For future reference..."; I can't fix your current problem because I don't know how exporting saves in Dolphin actually works.

Nomiisaur

Can someone help me fix my save file? :C
Three things:

1. No necroposting─we have a rule against it
2. Your post doesn't contain anything of use and no one can or will help you if you don't provide more details
3. Cross-posting is not allowed

Please read our forum rules and get familiar with them.