Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: The Wind Waker - Tingle Tuner
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

hatsuharu

Hai fellow gamers,

I just recently started playing The Wind Waker on the Dolphin and I want to connect my VBA-M with the Dolphin 3.0 so I can use the Tingle Tuner, but the problem is that it shows the Nintendo logo and stuff but doesn't connect while everything is set up correctly. Sad it tries to connect though and at one time I saw it saying calling tingle on the VBA-M for a few seconds and it disappeared to white screen again and reloaded (-_-)

I know that it is probably a known issue or thread, but is there a way I can connect the Tingle Tuner? Or maybe another way I can get past those three Goron looking sculptures and get towards Valoo? Huh

I would appreciate any help.
Yeah, this is a known issue unfortunately with the GBA-GCN connection emulation. I don't think it's working right now, and in fact only a few games work well at all with it (Four Swords Adventures, maybe FF:Crystal Chronicles, I think someone managed to do that one). What are you trying to do exactly that needs the Tingle Tuner anyway?

hatsuharu

(08-29-2012, 02:24 AM)Shonumi Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, this is a known issue unfortunately with the GBA-GCN connection emulation. I don't think it's working right now, and in fact only a few games work well at all with it (Four Swords Adventures, maybe FF:Crystal Chronicles, I think someone managed to do that one). What are you trying to do exactly that needs the Tingle Tuner anyway?

Thanks for the quick reply, I found out through a friend that I can also just use bombs in place of calling Tingle Big Grin

I was at the place when you need to use Tingle for the first time.
Since I know how to get through, I will just bomb that place away Cool

LtSiver

Apparently someone has gotten this working.
http://gbatemp.net/threads/visual-boy-ad...ng.334983/
It's fairly recent too, nice find LtSiver. Still needs to be confirmed by others; perhaps more people will try it if they have a chance of getting it to work. Although, it could just be the case that it's been working all along, but no one bothered to report about it :p
I tried it here last night. Unless you use save states, Dolphin indeed tries to connect with VBA-M, but I couldn't manage to make it really work, possibly out of lack of sync due to hardware limitations (old PC).
Imma try this soon so I'll let you guys know :3
I was unable to get it to work, when I linked them up dolphin attempted to call tingle and said "unable to connect to the GBA", the interesting part is the VBA-M still tempted to call tingle even tho dolphin said it failed XD, I also get like 1 FPS in VBA-M, but 15 in dolphin XD

dainfamous41

I tried this today. In VBA-M, under options --> Link --> Joybus options, I enabled joybus connection and changed the address to 127.0.0.1
Then I ran dolphin 3.5 and in the dungeon area near the wall, used the tingle tuner and it said "do you want to call tingle?" i clicked yes. it seemed to be connecting, but then it said it please check connection to GBA. Which is weird because I had GBA selected under the second port under the dolphin settings...any help anyone?
We can't help, it doesn't work Xd
Pages: 1 2