Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: black screen when starting a game
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hello iam new to the dolphine emulator, i just downloaded it a few minutes ago. anyways iam trying to play resident evil 1 but i keep getting a black screen problem

when i load disc 1 the warning logo pops up but then the screen goes black and my FPS drops to 0. i dont know how to fix this

my computer specs are

AMD FX 4100 at 3.6ghz

AMD radeon HD 7750

4 gigs of ram

windows 7 pro 32bit
Redump your game; it looks like the file you have is corrupt. However you got your game in the first place (CleanRip, RawDump, USB Loader, etc) do the same thing again.
corrupted iso you say? well maybe this is the problem

http://i.imgur.com/yiPkJ.png i've never seen a game file that looked like that, inside each of those winzip files is the same exact file. maybe i need a program to combine them???

when i hit browse on the dolphine screen and go to C:\Users\Ron\Documents\resident evil GC remake\Disc1 it automatically opens the iso and says its ready to play but i cant get past the warning screen. it doesnt let me open any of the files if i click, disc 1 it opens the iso automatically.
Can't help you with the WinZip files. All I can tell you is that your best bet is to use a HomeBrew program like CleanRip to dump games straight from your Wii, or use RawDump with one of the few DVD drives out there that can read Nintendo's game discs (instructions can be found in this thread).
right i got it to work now, but now i got another problem. some cutscenes get all slow. and the audio keeps going in and out and sometimes it doesnt play at all
Some of the RE games need LLE audio iirc. This is the most accurate audio emulation Dolphin has, and it tends to fix most audio issues, though a couple RE games still have audio issues even with LLE. You'll need two files from your actual console to use LLE on Dolphin; you can follow the dumping instructions in this thread. Don't bother with the reversed iROM in the link I posted, it won't work for this game.

Note that using LLE is very CPU intensive, and your CPU isn't the best for Dolphin's emulation. You should try to overclock (make sure you know what you're doing) and try using the official Dolphin 3.0 release (that's 3.0 without any other numbers).

whitecrow

(08-28-2012, 04:59 PM)ryouma17 Wrote: [ -> ]right i got it to work now, but now i got another problem. some cutscenes get all slow. and the audio keeps going in and out and sometimes it doesnt play at all
How did you get it to work? I'm having the same problem trying to run this game.
Did you try to redump your game?

whitecrow

(10-25-2012, 03:17 PM)DefenderX Wrote: [ -> ]Did you try to redump your game?
just re-download or re-dump? sorry I have never really used Dolphin before.

Downloading games is against the rules.

Closed.