Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Compiling under PPC architecture?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

CyclopsCaveman

So, I'm using a PPC Macintosh and I want to compile Dolphin, I tried compiling it using scons and I get this error:

Compiling Build/Darwin-Power Macintosh-release/Source/Core/Common/Src/CPUDetect.o
Source/Core/Common/Src/CPUDetect.cpp:33:23: error: xmmintrin.h: No such file or directory
Source/Core/Common/Src/CPUDetect.cpp: In function 'void do_cpuid(unsigned int*, unsigned int*, unsigned int*, unsigned int*)':
Source/Core/Common/Src/CPUDetect.cpp:59: error: impossible constraint in 'asm'
scons: *** [Build/Darwin-Power Macintosh-release/Source/Core/Common/Src/CPUDetect.o] Error 1
scons: building terminated because of errors.

I was told I might want to look for switches to disable the SSE optimizations and recompile.

I'm not very knowledgeable in this, but if anybody can help give me lead on this it'd be really great. And if it's not possible to compile it like so, is it possible to compile under xcode? Thank you so so much in advanced for your answers.

Edit: i just found out that Dolphin only works under intel due to using code specifically for that architecture, so :[