Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: TP suffering from random crashes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Blackwater

Hello,

I'm playing the GC version and sometimes the game crashes. The screen turns dark without an obvious reason and i have to exit the game window via esc. I'm using the settings of the wiki page. I've tried to solve this by turning the option 'JIT-> Disable JIT cache' on, but then the game will not even start. The screen turns black and nothing happens. Maybe an interesting additional information is that when i try to select the option 'clear JIT cache' dolphin crashes. Please help.

Greetings
Which revision are you using?

If it is older than 3.0, upgrade to 3.0. If it is newer, tell us and then go back to 3.0.

Blackwater

thank you very much for the quick response. I have specified system settings and program version in my profile. I am currently using 3.0 -735. I will try with 3.0 and report if this will solve the problem.

Blackwater

ok, i downloaded version 3.0 and the game will still not start in debugging mode. I realized that this is unrelated to the Disable JIT cache option and also other GC games will not start when dolphin was started with the debugging option.
No GC games will boot at all? How did you get your games?

Blackwater

i played a little bit with the settings and saw that an option 'boot to pause' was activated. I disabled it and than the games started fine. Sorry that was probably a noob issue. Thank you i'll continue playing with the new version and if i still experience crashes i post it here again.