Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: metroid prime micro stuttering?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
so ive recently got a gaming rig and pulled out my gc/wii collection again for a good ol gaming week.

starting of with metroid prime 1

dolphin settings:

everything at default except the internal resolution (2,5 native) and 16x texture filtering.

system specs are in signature

when i play the game occasionally the fps will drop from 60 to 40 ish and back to 60 with no apearent reason (it also happens when im standing still) is there a way to fix this or is it a known issue?

thanks in advance Smile
Not a lot of details here. What version or dolphin are you using? Are you using EFB to Ram or DSP LLE?
(08-27-2012, 09:40 AM)MaJoR Wrote: [ -> ]Not a lot of details here. What version or dolphin are you using? Are you using EFB to Ram or DSP LLE?

oh snap forgot dolphin revision xD

rev 3.0 750 (zcomploc-revert)

i use efb to texture and dsp HLE like i said everything at defaults cept for the native and texture filtering.
Try to check the OpenMP Texture Decoder.
fixed the problem, was not because of openmp texture decoder, i unchecked the external frambuffer and set it to virtual this gave me an enough speedboost that it never happened again.

thanks for your input tho Smile
Well, why did u check the XFB? Pretty clear, that randomly enabling options without the knowledge cause problems Tongue
(08-28-2012, 05:25 PM)DefenderX Wrote: [ -> ]Well, why did u check the XFB? Pretty clear, that randomly enabling options without the knowledge cause problems Tongue

it was checked from the beginning i didnt knew it was checked or not becaus ei left everything at default.

btw my account was hacked so i needed to create a new one :S
Actually Disable XFB is checked by default and has to be unchecked if you wanna use XFB (Virtual or Real).
Btw I don't really know how enabling XFB could give you a boost. The contrary is usually expected
I suppose it depends on the revision he is using.
(08-28-2012, 09:22 PM)LordVador Wrote: [ -> ]Actually Disable XFB is checked by default and has to be unchecked if you wanna use XFB (Virtual or Real).
Btw I don't really know how enabling XFB could give you a boost. The contrary is usually expected

when i unchecked it i gained fullspeed on starfox assault (instead of 45 fps~) and the microstuttering is gone in metroid prime so i guess it has some impact on the speed for some games.