Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Samurai Warriors 3 Black Screen
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Dapper Zapper

Every-time I start up a new game, I get a black screen.

Also using Dolphin 3.0 x64 don't know if that has anything to do with the issues?

Also tried DLing and running a save, however that did not help.
settings? Did you try to redump your game?

Dapper Zapper

Not yet, as for re-dumping I'm clueless, only really got into the emulating scene about three months ago.

And if your asking for my settings it's just the standard settings that come with Dolphin.
How did you dump the game in the first place? CleanRip, RawDump, or something else? If a friend dumped it for you, have them do it again. Basically, however you got the disc image, you repeat the process until the game is dumped correctly. That's what we mean by redumping.

Dapper Zapper

Oh yeah I've tried Re-Dumping once or twice, still hasn't had any varied effect.
It isn't recommended but you're gonna try something :
This game tends to work better with old revisions. In particular old builds between 65XX and 75XX. So try to use one of them (r7280 for example) and tell me if it works
It's still possible that the dump is incorrect, even if you refilled it once or twice. It's nit uncommon actually. I think Dolphin has a way to check the I integrity of Wii disc images, I've never dabbled with that option though (don't even know where it is :p) but somewhere here might be able to fill you in. If not, I'll edit this post in like an hour.

@LordVador - It's alright if you tell people which revisions you've found the game to work best on, just be sure to include that builds older than 3.0 are completely unsupported. Any problems users encounter, they are just going to have to deal with them. That's a something pretty big that should always be mentioned with old builds Wink
Right click the game/go to properties/go to something to do with a disc XD/right click a parton/then click verify integrity or something #some discs may have more than 1 parton#
I hope you can understand this horible post XD

Dapper Zapper

I'll try Re-Dumping a few more times, if it doesn't work then I'll just have to try Vaders method.
And I'll take a look Extreme :3