Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Audio Issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

MojObi-Dos

Hi everyone, apologies if this has already been answered but I have not found the thread to help me.

What it is, Im playing Metroid Prime 3 (wii) and its all running pretty well on the frame rate and all. The issue im having is that for a little while the music plays normally but then all of a sudden it gets stuck looping the previous second or so of music track for eternity. (DSP HLE emulation (fast Xaudio2 32000 hz) The game still plays and the weapons and sfx still play correctly but with this audio glitch. Unless I restart the emulator the error remains and then its only a matter of time before it occurs again.

I have tried MetroidP3 on previous versions of Dolphin and there hasn't been this error but I have found that the others don't run as quickly or as smoothly in game compared to this build (regardless of settings). I have tried using both DSP LLE recompiler and interpreter and though the audio plays it is incredibly choppy and slows down the gameplay also. The music works reasonably well on the menu apart from a few hiccups but after that it isn't something you'd like to listen to while playing.

Iv played with settings but nothing has really helped.

Does anyone have any idea why this may be and how to resolve it? Have others had this issue before?

Thanks
Did you try the 3.0-600 build? This build is very good for the Metroid Prime series.

MojObi-Dos

(08-25-2012, 06:25 AM)DefenderX Wrote: [ -> ]Did you try the 3.0-600 build? This build is very good for the Metroid Prime series.

Thanks for the reply, no I tried a different version recommended from a youtube vid. Ill give it a go thanks
Yeah had a go and like the other version I tried, the audio error doesn't seem to happen though I get the occasional static bursts (sounds like its playing every sound effect quickly in sequence, weird lol) but yeah the gameplay and frame rate is a bit lower compaired to the newest build. I guess it'll be a matter of trying the different builds until both the music and the gameplay work well together. Still unsure why its happening with the more up to date one, seems pretty well emulated in the older versions. (for Metroid Prime 3 at least)
Lol as soon as I type that the emulator music goes very very garbled in v3.600 and even slower frame rate.
MP3 is a demanding game and needs a powerful system. Try to overclock

MojObi-Dos

Yeah its actually fine to play with, Iv just had to get used to the music cutting out sometimes. Iv found out If ingame you enter your ship and exit it fixes itself and also when there are major music changes like with boss battles it seems to override the error and play the music normally. The frame rate is great - dont think it would be worth overclocking just for the music, im just sticking to dolphin 3.753 now. It runs the best out of the other versions iv tried but why the music is cutting out in the first place im not entirely sure but ah well, for it to be working full speed with good display resolution I guess I cant really complain Tongue Cheers anyway guys