Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: dolphin keeps crashing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

yxicool

i was playing star fox assault on dolphin, and the game keeps on crashing. with this game, it crashes much more often thant the other, thats not to say the others dont crash. anyway, i was searching up how to fix this when i found something about disabling nepomuk. where is this, and is there any other way?
settings? Dolphin revision?

Quote:When creating new threads about dolphin, always provide a) your PC specs (CPU, RAM, GPU, Operating System, ..) b) information about the Dolphin build used (version/revision, source, ..) c) Dolphin settings d) detailed description of what you're trying to do (e.g including the name of the game you tried to run). Ignoring this rule will get your thread closed and have you warned off.
Quote:the game keeps on crashing

You could try to use JITIL for this game (Config/General). Anyway post your settings

Quote:i was searching up how to fix this when i found something about disabling nepomuk

What??? Where did you find this?
I have NO idea how it is relevant to Dolphin, but it appears to be an open source framework
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NEPOMUK_(framework)
Never heard of "Npeomuk"...
I've only seen Nepomuk as a part of KDE on Linux, though it seemed pretty useless, so I never enabled it. :p

@OP - Dunno where you heard that advice, but it's most likely non-applicable to your situation, especially if 1) the original advice was given to a user of a different operating system and/or 2) you never installed anything related to Nepomuk on your system. Looking for ways to disable it is probably a dead end, so let's look at something more useful, like your Dolphin settings.

Click on the Config button and look at the General tab. Click on the Graphics button and look at the General, Enhancements, and Hacks tabs. These are usually the most relevant settings we need to know in order to help you. Post them as plain text or as screenshots (screenshots are preferred, google how to make them if you don't know).

Also, find out your exact CPU, GPU, and RAM. Windows itself should be able to tell you what processor and RAM you have, follow the instructions on this page. Download and run a program called GPU-Z; that will tell you which GPU you have.