Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Converting ISO to GCM and back?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I know you can change an ISO file to GCM by changing the file name to .gcm but what if I wanted to change it back to ISO and what type of file is better for dolphin or does matter?
doesn't matter, I think. But I use the *.wbfs format for my games to save storage @ my HDD Wink
Ok but do you know how to change the files back and fourth?
Rename it again.
I did rename it again but it still says it's an ISO file.
(08-24-2012, 08:24 AM)Anonymous Wrote: [ -> ]I did rename it again but it still says it's an ISO file.

What is "it"? Dolphin? Windows Explorer? Something else? Make sure you have the option to see file extensions turned on in Explorer.

Why do you want to do this anyway, aside from renaming them to GCM for organization? The game you dumped will still be the same (e.g. all the binary data inside remains unchanged). In the end, it's just a name.

It's in Windows Explorer, just was curious as to why it was not working, most the ones I have downloaded are in ISO format anyway. Where do you turn the file extensions on in Windows Explorer?
(08-24-2012, 03:26 PM)Anonymous Wrote: [ -> ]It's in Windows Explorer, just was curious as to why it was not working, most the ones I have downloaded are in ISO format anyway. Where do you turn the file extensions on in Windows Explorer?

From the forum rules:

Quote:Stating that you've downloaded an ISO will get you banned immediately, no matter if you purchased the game or not.

Closed.