Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin *usually* won't start - no error message
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Aabra

This problem is slowly driving me crazy and I could use some help. My specs:

Windows 7 64 bit
Intel e8400 3ghz
ATI Radeon 4890
4gb ram

When I first installed Dolphin, it loaded just fine and ran Smash Bros. Melee flawlessly. Everything worked great.

I then closed the emulator and tried to load it back up again.... nothing. After double clicking on the exe absolutely nothing happens. I loaded up the task manager and Dolphin.exe appears for a few seconds in it.... apparently trying to load and then simply closes without any error messages at all.

I tried right clicking on it and setting it to Windows 7 compatibility mode.... it worked! The emulator loaded up just fine. Tried to load it up a second time.... nothing. Same problem. This process repeats itself for the most part if I try it with Windows XP compatibility mode. Occasionally restarting the computer also allows me to run it but it seems extremely random and it will basically only load when it damn well pleases. Once it actually loads however - it works perfectly! It has no trouble loading the iso files once I can get to the actual user interface.

I've tried using a fresh install of Dolphin 3.0 64 bit, 32 bit, the 64 and 32 bit versions of the latest revision and even Dolphin 2.0. Nothing seems to work. Any assistance on this problem would be greatly appreciated as I'm at a total loss. I've gone through the task manager and ended basically every program listed there thinking maybe something else was interfering with it but that didn't resolve the issue either.
uninstall your piece of shit antivirus software.
(08-24-2012, 07:58 PM)Squall Leonhart Wrote: [ -> ]uninstall your piece of shit antivirus software.

uninstall your bunch of shit antivirus software.
(08-24-2012, 08:32 PM)dannzen Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-24-2012, 07:58 PM)Squall Leonhart Wrote: [ -> ]uninstall your piece of shit antivirus software.

uninstall your bunch of shit antivirus software.

I'll be less radical. Just make Dolphin be recognized as something safe by your antivirus Tongue
But you shouldn't have more than one antivirus package on your PC. They see each other's definition files as viruses and so try to dismantle each other, and you then end up with only partial protection, as files get quarantined or deleted, particularly if the software in question isn't the best.

Aabra

Not a bad guess actually that an anti-virus program was blocking it... but unfortunately I can't believe that's the case. I only use the free version of Malwarebytes. It only runs/scans when I tell it to. There isn't an anti-virus program running in the background. I'll try uninstalling it and giving it another go but I'm not going to get my hopes up. Sad

Aabra

A bit of an update on this. I'm still having the problem but every now and again I actually get the official "Dolphin.exe has stopped working" error message.

When I go into the details section I see this. I don't understand it of course but maybe some of you have seen this type of thing before.

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Users\Ryan\AppData\Local\Temp\WER1FFE.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml
C:\Users\Ryan\AppData\Local\Temp\WER37F2.tmp.appcompat.txt
C:\Users\Ryan\AppData\Local\Temp\WER3831.tmp.mdmp

Read our privacy statement online:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=1...cid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt
BUMP and im having the same problem