Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Slow Downs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

PushMyGran

Hey guys. First of all i would like to say a huge thank you to EVERYONE who has contributed to this wonderful project. Few years back i didn't think i would be sitting here right now and saying 'I can play Mario Kart on my PC at 1080p resolution.' This is a massive feat and all i can say is a BIG thank you to everyone involved!

Now then, on to my problem. I seem to get framerates of aroudn 60fps and a drop down to 40fps in menus in every game. But when i go to play lets say Mario Kart, start of a race it drops down to 20fps and maybe even less. I have tried numerous settings but dosn't seem to make a slight bit of difference. NSMB seems to work fine but that seems slower than normal. Havn't tried anything else yet. Now i don't want to spend money of my system if I don't really have to so are my specs ok? I've got my rig plugged into my 42inch tv and running it at 720p resolution.

Any ideas?

Thanks.
(08-23-2012, 06:00 PM)PushMyGran Wrote: [ -> ]Now i don't want to spend money of my system if I don't really have to so are my specs ok?

Of course they are not ok ! You cpu is ancient lol.
You could have just asked yourself how old your computer is and you would have answered your own question Smile
However,I see you probably did upgrade graphic card,so now its time to upgrade rest of the system,you can keep the card it's ok.

PushMyGran

lol. I knew it was old but didn't think it was THAT bad. Think im going to upgrade my rig to AM3 boards. I've also found that if i put the full screen resolution down and under game config i disable enable MMU, enable BAT and MMU Speed hack i get much better results. Everything seems speedy up. Still not as fast as i would like it but just a thought.

Thanks guys. Anyone can point me in the direction of a decent CPU for Dolphin? I heard Phenoms are good.
Well, most games are playable with the Phenom II X4. But if you want the perfect Dolphin CPU, the Core i5-3570k from Intel is the best choice.
(08-23-2012, 08:31 PM)PushMyGran Wrote: [ -> ]I've also found that if i disable enable MMU, enable BAT and MMU Speed hack i get much better results

Of course. These "options" aren't needed for all games (and tend to slow down the game). You absolutely don't have to check them by default. Only check them if neccessary
I think the question is, why did he think it was a good idea to enable those options in the first place. This is why people have so may issues, random option clicking.
They're all turned on as the default for me, even in 3.0, which has a separate user folder to the rest of the revisions I use.
(08-24-2012, 04:09 AM)AnyOldName3 Wrote: [ -> ]They're all turned on as the default for me, even in 3.0, which has a separate user folder to the rest of the revisions I use.

None of the MMU or BAT options are turned on by default unless the game needs them to boot.