Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Best Bang for your Buck PC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Sizing up a case is pretty easy, just make sure it will fix an ATX board, and you're fine (with the exception of some giant CPU fans). And yea, HTPC cases are probably too small for a monster system. You want room for an ATX board, a big video card, and a giant CPU fan. But pretty much, all you have to do is make sure stuff will fit in it, and then pick the features, price, and brand you want. All there is too it really. From personal case experience, I'd suggest Raidmax, Cooler Master, NZXT, or Antec. Do NOT, repeat, NOT, get an Apevia case. I did once and I hated that bloody thing. Awful.

My personal case is a Raidmax Blackstorm. MmmMmm, good stuff. It was made for system builders, and it shows. The motherboard tray is on a fold out door, has a mesh side panel, a HUGE sidefan, very high quality build (no cuts!), fully tool-less, on and on and on. My only complaint is that its harddrive removing system doesn't work if you have a large video card installed. But that's easily solved by the motherboard tray Big Grin.
(08-23-2012, 11:47 PM)MaJoR Wrote: [ -> ]Sizing up a case is pretty easy, just make sure it will fix an ATX board, and you're fine (with the exception of some giant CPU fans). And yea, HTPC cases are probably too small for a monster system. You want room for an ATX board, a big video card, and a giant CPU fan. But pretty much, all you have to do is make sure stuff will fit in it, and then pick the features, price, and brand you want. All there is too it really. From personal case experience, I'd suggest Raidmax, Cooler Master, NZXT, or Antec. Do NOT, repeat, NOT, get an Apevia case. I did once and I hated that bloody thing. Awful.

My personal case is a Raidmax Blackstorm. MmmMmm, good stuff. It was made for system builders, and it shows. The motherboard tray is on a fold out door, has a mesh side panel, a HUGE sidefan, very high quality build (no cuts!), fully tool-less, on and on and on. My only complaint is that its harddrive removing system doesn't work if you have a large video card installed. But that's easily solved by the motherboard tray Big Grin.

I can vouch for this.
Even my $50 Raidmax Altas has a window for the other side of the motherboard. (Meant to help install Aftermarket fans.)

And if you want a site that will build you a PC for cheap, may I suggest Directron?

Be aware that the reason they do it for a relatively cheap price is due to the fact that they use a low-end case, power supply, and motherboard. (So they can still make a profit.)

EDIT: Here's one they have with good parts to show you what I mean.

See? Very expensive.

I'd still suggest doing it yourself, though.
Oh God , please don't . Barebone pc cooling & PSU suck . Z77 mobo & i5 3570k will be wasted on that pc

(08-24-2012, 12:35 AM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]Oh God , please don't . Barebone pc cooling & PSU suck . Z77 mobo & i5 3570k will be wasted on that pc

Precisely.
Actually, it does have an 80 plus 500w PSU.
(08-24-2012, 12:35 AM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]Oh God , please don't . Barebone pc cooling & PSU suck . Z77 mobo & i5 3570k will be wasted on that pc

Ok, so I definitely think I'm going to go with the motherboard and cpu you suggested.

ASUS SABERTOOTH Z77
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6813131821

Intel Core i5-3570K
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6819116504

So I'm already around 500 dollars.

I believe I'm going to go with 660 Ti as my GPU, just not sure what brand to pick. How much Ram would I need?
Dolphin doesn't need a lot of RAM, but generally for that PC you should have 4-8GB.
And don't forget a decent CPU cooler Wink With the stock cooler, it's not recommended to overclock a CPU.
For the GPU , I recommend Gigabyte GTX 660 Ti WINDFORCE
Reasons :
_Newest cooling design
_Good for overclockers
_Silent GPU

PSU :
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6817139010
A quality, high wattage PSU will last just as long and you have room to upgrade
Although the 550ti is enough for Dolphin and is much cheaper.
Quote:I want to be able to emulate most if not all games on both Dolphin and PCSX2 at the highest settings as flawless as possible.
and
Quote:I don't want to spend more than $1000 dollars, but am willing to go up to $2000 dollars if the upgrade in performance is worth it
Usually , i3 3570k +Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 Gen 4 + Nvidia GTX 550 Ti + Other stuffs(Ram , case , PSU, SSD , HDD, Heatsink) cost around 700-800$
But he want the best pc so ...
Pages: 1 2 3 4