Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: SMG2 wiimote delay
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
An issue I noticed that wasn't indicated on the wiki, and yes only effects SMG2 (maybe SMG1 too but I don't have that).

Picking up starbits, either via pointing the wiimote at them or having mario walk into them causes a temporary delay between any wiimote function and the action taking place ingame. About 1.5-2 second delay. This lasts roughly 5 seconds before speeding back to sync. No fps drops are noted during this.

3.0-754
1) Settings?
2) PC Specs?

I assume your specs are reasonable because you read the wiki, but I just want to make sure. Post screenshots of your config and graphics windows (all tabs under graphics, general and DSP/Audio under config).

SMG 2 is probably the 2nd most demanding game behind The Last Story, so the lag might just be there cause your computer can't handle it.
(08-23-2012, 03:03 AM)Axxer Wrote: [ -> ]1) Settings?
2) PC Specs?

I assume your specs are reasonable because you read the wiki, but I just want to make sure. Post screenshots of your config and graphics windows (all tabs under graphics, general and DSP/Audio under config).

SMG 2 is probably the 2nd most demanding game behind The Last Story, so the lag might just be there cause your computer can't handle it.

i5-3570k @3.40Ghz
GTX670 directII top
8gb 1866mhz ram

SMG2 runs at 60fps with DSP HLE and only experiences minor fps drops in specific places with DSP LLE. When the wiimote delay occurs an fps drop isn't necessarily noted.

I didn't post the config because I assumed it wasn't related considering I spent well over an hour testing out different config combinations lol. Here they are:
[Image: image.png]

Did u try to check "Alternate WiiMote Timing" (right click on the game -> properties)? I can remember, that this can help (read it somewhere)
(08-23-2012, 03:25 AM)DefenderX Wrote: [ -> ]Did u try to check "Alternate WiiMote Timing" (right click on the game -> properties)? I can remember, that this can help (read it somewhere)

Edit:
Well what do you know it worked! I actually didn't know about the settings in properties, that could be useful for making games work without touching the core settings. Thanks!

With LLE fps can drop to 40-50 on various areas of the game, 60 anywhere else. Slowdown isn't very noticeable but the sound stutter is. Would OCing the cpu to, say, 4.3 remedy this?
(08-23-2012, 03:32 AM)Deoxy Wrote: [ -> ]Would OCing the cpu to, say, 4.3 remedy this?

SMG2 + LLE = 4.5 GHz.
Maybe less with 3570k though
Yep, less. 4.2GHz are enough for SMG1+2 with LLE.
(08-23-2012, 03:56 AM)LordVador Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-23-2012, 03:32 AM)Deoxy Wrote: [ -> ]Would OCing the cpu to, say, 4.3 remedy this?

SMG2 + LLE = 4.5 GHz.
Maybe less with 3570k though

In other words.....yes?Big Grin

Is it possible to push the 3570k stable at 4.5Ghz on air cooling? I'm new to the OC scene.Huh
Why 4.5GHz? 4.2/4.3GHz are enough Wink
(08-23-2012, 04:01 AM)DefenderX Wrote: [ -> ]Why 4.5GHz? 4.2/4.3GHz are enough Wink

Even less than that might be enough (just an hypothesis here). I want it Big Grin
Pages: 1 2