Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: OCing i5-3570k
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I got an i5-3570k running at 3.40Ghz and wish to OC to get the most possible performance from Dolphin but I don't know how to go about doing it.

Currently the stock cooler is what's keeping the Ivy's temperature down so that needs to change first. What (preferably air) cooler do you suggest?
If you have 60€, get a air cooler from Noctua
If you have 35€, get the Thermalright HR-02 Macho Rev.A
Noctua it is then. Any specific fan you'd recommend?

Like this? http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduc...-TR&tool=3
You could get a corsair H-series watercooler for that money, which is likely to be more effective as well as smaller.

Also, if you're in the UK, especially if you live close enough to pick things up yourself, then I'd recommend scan computers (Link here) as they're cheap, very reliable, and know what they're doing.
(08-23-2012, 12:40 AM)AnyOldName3 Wrote: [ -> ]You could get a corsair H-series watercooler for that money, which is likely to be more effective as well as smaller.

Also, if you're in the UK, especially if you live close enough to pick things up yourself, then I'd recommend scan computers (Link here) as they're cheap, very reliable, and know what they're doing.

I'd like to stick to fans/heatsinks. I live on a 13Km wide island in the middle of the mediterranian, which is why I tend to order online We do have one scan computers place here but as per usual I'll likely have to make an order and wait a week or two.
I think the one scan computers place you have will probably just have a similar name to my scan computers, as their one shop is on an industrial estate in Bolton, England. If you're ordering online, and are having to pay international shipping anyway, it may be best not to buy from a UK website, as PC parts are often more expensive in the UK than elsewhere.
(08-23-2012, 01:00 AM)AnyOldName3 Wrote: [ -> ]I think the one scan computers place you have will probably just have a similar name to my scan computers, as their one shop is on an industrial estate in Bolton, England. If you're ordering online, and are having to pay international shipping anyway, it may be best not to buy from a UK website, as PC parts are often more expensive in the UK than elsewhere.

Link That's the scan here. Weird, they changed the logo style, it used to be identical to the one from your scan. Anyway we've got a couple of other reliable computer places once I decide on a cooler.
If their logo was the same as Scan computers, then they stole it, as they're a separate entity.

Anyway, as I've never bought PC parts in Malta, I'd say that you're the expert on which suppliers to use.