Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Emulator crashes with nearly every game.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've searched for this topic and I'm new to these forums so if I did not find it, please just point me to it and delete this thread.

Basically, i can't play any game for more than 15-20 minutes without the emulator crashing. I put all of my specs when I created this account. But for any other information please don't hesitate to ask.

List of games that I have tried:
-Animal Crossing
-Pikmin
-Wind Waker
-Super Mario Sunshine
-SSB Melee
Sounds like a overheating issue. Check your temps with CoreTemp while playing with Dolphin.
(08-22-2012, 08:26 PM)DefenderX Wrote: [ -> ]Sounds like a overheating issue. Check your temps with CoreTemp while playing with Dolphin.

I don't think it's an issue because i play stuff like Skyrim and the like with no issues. But I'll give it a try.
(08-22-2012, 08:29 PM)theCHILDofGOD Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-22-2012, 08:26 PM)DefenderX Wrote: [ -> ]Sounds like a overheating issue. Check your temps with CoreTemp while playing with Dolphin.

I don't think it's an issue because i play stuff like Skyrim and the like with no issues. But I'll give it a try.

Emulated games different from PC games

I just ran the emulator while running CoreTemp and it "says" that it maxed out at 41 degrees C.

However, I think there might be an issue with inaccurate temp readings. I have my friends computer right next to me and we have nearly identical builds. Both of our computers are giving obscenely low idle temperatures. His currently says 2 degrees C and mine currently says 4 degrees C. Could it be and issue with the Llano processors? We both have different motherboards.

I think that you're right about it being an overheating issue because my friend is running Skyrim right now and coretemp says its peaking at 30 degrees C which i highly doubt is accurate.
Yep, 30 degree are nearly impossible at high cpu load.
(08-22-2012, 09:35 PM)DefenderX Wrote: [ -> ]Yep, 30 degree are nearly impossible at high cpu load.

Well i guess a better cooler seems to be what i need. thank you very much for your time and advice.
Skyrim puts my CPU at 12% load, though, so it isn't 30° at high load, however, my CPU isn't at 30° at idle. Try using RealTemp as well.
(08-22-2012, 09:44 PM)AnyOldName3 Wrote: [ -> ]Skyrim puts my CPU at 12% load, though, so it isn't 30° at high load, however, my CPU isn't at 30° at idle. Try using RealTemp as well.

Realtemp says it doesn't support my processor. But Everest gives similar readings.