Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: i5-2500k SSBB low fps?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I'm having low fps in SSBB, I play with 54~57 fps.

My specs;

i5-2500k 1.295v @3.3 ghz at 45º C load
4gb ram ddr3 1333 mhz
Asus p68 Rev 3.1
GT240 DDR3 OC 200 Mhz memory
Res: 720p 2x IR

In the map DK Water Fall I play with 50 fps in 2 player mode.

I though I'll get full speed but I don't.

My settings are Perfomance in the Dolphin Website.
Using latest Dolphin Revision.
lol i had dump frames selected. Now I play with 60 smooth fps.

However in DK WAter fall map i only get 52 fps in 4 player mode when youtube videos play 60 fps ():
Which YouTube videos are you watching? There could be any number of reasons why they're getting fullspeed (different hardware, settings, Dolphin revisions). Give us a link to the videos so we can see what they're doing and give us your Dolphin settings. For those settings, click on the Config button and look at the General tab. Also, click on the Graphics button and look at General, Enhancements, and Hacks tabs. Those are usually the most relevant settings we need to know to analyze your problem. You can post them as plain text or screenshots (screenshots are preferred here).

Also note that some games get more demanding as you add players into the equation.
SSBB water fall map start 0:30

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhjf6hcjvao

My settings are just like these;

http://wiki.dolphin-emu.org/index.php?ti...ance_guide
The Performance Guide just gives recommendations. Can you give us a list or some screenshots of your settings?
I saw only 1 real player , other players are CPU . Try Dolphin 3.0 , you should get full speed with single player (1 real player + 3 CPU)
Multiplayers ̣̣tend to slowdown the game a lot (i mean 2-4"real person" ...like you play with your friend , your brother whatever ...CPU does not count)
Overclocking is the answer to everything Dolphin related .
i5 2500 = Locked
i5 2500k = Unlocked
Seriously , why did you buy it then ?
I set my clocks to stock speed because I can lose my warranty, and I really don't want it to burn, because if it does, I wont get a new CPU in like 6 or 12 months, because it's expensive.

No idea what fixed it, but after updating my video card drivers to 301.xx it works now in 60 fps even in 4 player (friends) mode, not CPU.

Thanks in hand.
Quote:I wont get a new CPU in like 6 or 12 months, because it's expensive.
What you're talking about ? i5 2500k is built for overclockers ...
My E5300 @ 3.6GHz 24/7 , it's been 2 years already and it still working fine here
CPU life-time :
Stock speed : 20 years or higher
Normal OC : 10 years or higher
As long as you don't push it so hard (like 4.6GHz or higher)
Basically, if the voltage and temperatures are kept reasonably low, the CPU will be years out of warranty before it burns. The warranty covers the CPU if it uses the stock cooler, in a poorly ventilated case, with a dodgy, but not technically broken motherboard, at high enough load so that it's always turbo boosted.