Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: The last story, the laggiest yet?!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone,

So here I am, having bought the last story and got it dumped, trying to run the game and it's acting like a mess.

Well, it's not that bad. The thing that is getting me frustrated is that the cut-scenes slow down even when I'm running HLE alongside EEB to Texture which should not be demanding in the least.

I read the Wiki and quickly searched the forums and could not find anything. My rig's specs and emulation settings are below:-

Processor: i7 980 @4.0GHz
GFX Card: Radeon HD 6990 @925MHz each
RAM: 24GB

Emulation: 2x internal resolution, max AA and AF. Everything else is at default (I switch EEB to RAM every once in a while for character models to load correctly)
Your CPU is too weak. The Last Story is (probably) the most demanding game. It needs an Core i5-3570k @ 4.2Ghz or better to run near fullspeed.
4.0GHz Core i7 extreme edition might perform close to i5 2500k @ 4.0GHz (Dolphin only)
_1st gen i7 has lower performance clock per clock than 2nd gen i5
_The extreme edition has more cache size than 2nd gen i5
Anyway , The Last Story requires 2nd gen i5 2500k @ 4.5GHz or 3rd gen i5 3570k @ 4.2GHz to run fullspeed

As DefenderX said TLS is one of the most demanding games. You'll have to do with slow cutscenes. If you got a "decent" in-game speed be satisfied. I am Tongue
He have to stick with old dolphin revision to get decent speed (Ex Big Grinolphin r6284 , r6505 ....)
Yeah, but it's not recommended to use them. Anyway, he might try out the official Dolphin 3.0 release. (Or he could overclock his CPU even more)
Thanks for the input.

I am running the latest version of Dolphin and it works very well outside the cut-scenes.

I have another processor, i7 990X, that I'm going to use for my liquid cooling rebuild. Once that's done I'm going to, probably, overclock further beyond 4GHz depending on the cooling performance and stability of the rebuilt rig.

An odd thing I noticed is that if I switch to DX11 plugin and disable AA, I can get cut-scenes to run at 99% speed, which I don't get. If the game is bottlenecked at the CPU then AA should not do anything, should it? So how could DX11 help with CPU optimization?