Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Pentium B960 laptop? (If not, suggestions for a cheap one?)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Usually, Pentiums are a no-no for me especially as far as emulation goes. However, there are a lot of really cheap, nice looking laptops that are only $300 running on Pentium B960s - if it were a Pentium D or anything else it would be an automatic no, however I'm contemplating a B960 because apparently its the newest generation and runs on the same socket as Sandy Bridge - some great potential there xD. Anyways, yeah, if not I'd like a really good "bang for the buck" laptop that basically if it can play Dolphin and VaLVe games I'm fine. I don't really have a 'budget' but I want to stay at least a few hundred bucks away from $1000.

Thanks guys, any help would be appreciated.
~Ness.
Quote:I don't really have a 'budget' but I want to stay at least a few hundred bucks away from $1000.
With that budget, you should be able to purchase a good laptop for your needs.

Stay away from the B960 aka the Sandy Bridge Pentiums for the laptops.
They're not meant for gaming and especially not for emulation.

Any place/website you prefer ordering your product from?
(08-19-2012, 05:46 AM)Garteal Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:I don't really have a 'budget' but I want to stay at least a few hundred bucks away from $1000.
With that budget, you should be able to purchase a good laptop for your needs.

Stay away from the B960 aka the Sandy Bridge Pentiums for the laptops.
They're not meant for gaming and especially not for emulation.

Any place/website you prefer ordering your product from?

Definitely a big fan of Newegg, it'd be nice if I could get it retail from compusa too however, they don't really come close to Newegg xD.
The Lenovo IdeaPad Y580 looks like a great choice at $850.
It's equipped with a 3610QM and the new GTX660M.
The downside, however, is that it only has a 5400RPM HDD.

You should check out the review at Notebookcheck and see if it is to your liking.