Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Intel 2500k radeon 6870
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I know this hardware is supported i was just wondering if it could play all games reasonably well?I wont be playing on super high resolution or anything just mario and zelda game's while my son is using the gamecube/Wii as we only have one tv.I just ordered his computer and was told to go with intel 3570k but could not afford it.Just hoping this build will do the trick thank's.
Quote:it could play all games reasonably well?
Not ALL games obviously. Some games are still too demanding to run, or don't run at all.

Quote:I wont be playing on super high resolution
Now why wouldn't you with a 6870? Do yourself a favor and set the IR to x4.

Quote:I just ordered his computer and was told to go with intel 3570k but could not afford it.Just hoping this build will do the trick thank's.
The 2500K is a bit slower than the 3570K, but it will run most games you throw at it.

Quote: just mario and zelda game's
Which ones exactly?
For Mario Galaxy games, I would advice you to overclock to maintain the 60FPS (mostly).
Twilight Princess' Hyrule Field could also do with an overclock.
Ya i just recently got ino zelda game's(sacrilege i know)as a relative gave us windwaker and twilight princess and some other assorted game's for gamecube.My son is alway's on the gamecube though and we only have one TV at the moment or i would just pick up another gamecube as they are very cheap.I was also thinking of picking up some Wii game's from the bargain bin as they are very cheap now too.Could you even play skyward sword on Dolphin or no because of the motion control's?
The games looking the same as gamecube game's is fine with me but ya i guess you are right if i could i guess i could take advantage i might as well.
Quote:Could you even play skyward sword on Dolphin or no because of the motion control's?
Yes you can play Skyward Sword with the real motion controls, or using the emulated motionplus builds (not supported anymore).
I would recommend you use a Wiimote+motionplus and nunchuck to play the game.
You do need a sensorbar for this. Candles, things that emit enough IR light will work.