Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Change save file region
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

dguy24

I've done much research on this and I simply can't get it to work. I'm trying to change a US gamecube save file into a PAL save file. Help please?
Did you try the method with the Hex Editor? There must be a tutorial in the world wide web.

dguy24

(08-18-2012, 05:40 PM)DefenderX Wrote: [ -> ]Did you try the method with the Hex Editor? There must be a tutorial in the world wide web.

Is it difficult to do? I've been searching for a while now and while hex editing is almost always suggested, I've never been able to find a guide on how to do it. (I'm not really good at that type of thing) Undecided
(08-18-2012, 11:12 PM)dguy24 Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-18-2012, 05:40 PM)DefenderX Wrote: [ -> ]Did you try the method with the Hex Editor? There must be a tutorial in the world wide web.

Is it difficult to do? I've been searching for a while now and while hex editing is almost always suggested, I've never been able to find a guide on how to do it. (I'm not really good at that type of thing) Undecided

I've already seen a thread on the forum explaining how to do this. Try to use "Search" to find it
(08-18-2012, 11:48 PM)LordVador Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-18-2012, 11:12 PM)dguy24 Wrote: [ -> ]

I've already seen a thread on the forum explaining how to do this. Try to use "Search" to find it

sorry for bumping a old thread but me as a person all search features dont like me and never work so if someone had a link that would be great.
i was wondering if this was the right way to hex exit save region change
Yes, that's right.
(06-12-2014, 03:15 PM)RachelB Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, that's right.

i did that and the save data is not ever read in my wii anymore. it says new game

im using HxD at my hex editor

im trying to convert my fire emblem path of radiance gamecube save data Europe (PAL) to USA (NTSC)

and in both dolphin and my real wii after i did the edit the US fire emblem path of radiance does not detect the file.

i have been goggling frantically for 2 hours now following all kinds of guides this on in particular http://www.surugi.com/projects/gcifaq.html

but i keep running in to dead links and websites that no longer exist.
looks like you have a typo
afaik the only difference should be the gamecode
original is
GFEP01ÿ.FIREEMBLEM8.............
your update is
GFEE01ÿ.FIREEMBLEM8J............
remove the J ^
if should be (in hex) 00
(06-14-2014, 01:56 PM)LPFaint99 Wrote: [ -> ]looks like you have a typo
afaik the only difference should be the gamecode
original is
GFEP01ÿ.FIREEMBLEM8.............