Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: xbox 360 control pad issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello please help me get zelda running. I downloaded the dolphin today and have an iso of my copy of zelda twilight princess. My wiimote and nunchuks are broken so I only have my keyboard or xbox 360 control pad to use.

I load the iso up and the game starts with the intro.

However, pressing buttons on my xbox 360 pad does nothing. Here is some screenshots, perhaps I have the plugins incorrectly set up:

[Image: dolphint.jpg]

One thing I will explain, when i press on the buttons on my control pad it's not registered on the screen, for example when i want to assign the "a" button to the "a" button on my pad I click and then when it waits for me to press a button or key nothing appears as I press the "a" button. If you get me? Lol.

Im running vista 32 bit. have an i7 920 processor with good graphics card.

Ah one other thing as a side note, twilight princess has no sound. I assume this is normal as I have read about sound issues somewhere?
When you tick 'Enable X360Pad', buttons are already configured for it, no need for changing. Also, joypad won't work in Wiimote plugin, it's known.
What do I need to change to get it working? As configured above it does not work.
Wait, are you saying an xbox 360 pad can't be used to play wii games?
I tried to do this some time ago and it worked.

You need a program such as Xpadder. What this does is associate keys on the keybord to buttons on the xbox pad. This works because the emulated wii mote uses keys on the keyboard or mouse to work.

Some behaviors of the wii mote you cannot get but what ever is emulated with the wii mote you can.