Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: White Screen of Death
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Xzibit

Hey,

Using a Dell Studio XPS laptop with:
Intel Core2 Duo @ 2.53 GHz
4.0 GB of RAM
NVIDIA GeForce 9500M
Windows 7 64-bit

I've just started using the Dolphin 3.0-750 64-bit build by ExtremeDude2 (first time using Dolphin also) to play Paper Mario Thousand Year Door and it has been working fine, fast at some times, slow at other times. However, I heard that you needed to get these files from your Wii for the DSP LLE to make the sound work better. So I have done that, got the files, however, when I place it in the Dolphin Emulator folder/User/GC, and check the settings and try starting up Paper Mario, it gives me a white screen and completely lags up my computer so I'm forced to turn it off. I turned it back on, deleted the files from there and went back to the regular settings, but now I STILL get the white screen??

After that I decided to just redownload the same build and forget about the DSP LLE files. So I did and I wanted to transfer my memory card (wanted to have my save file as I was far in the game) from the old dolphin to the freshly new downloaded one, so I dragged my memory card to the desktop, then into the new Dolphin Folder/User/GC and tried to start up Paper Mario but it gave me a white screen again with the same lag problems.

Sorry for the long read but any help please? Confused
What are your Dolphin settings? Click the Config button and look at the General tab. Click on the Graphics button and look at the General, Enhancements, and Hacks tabs. You can provide the settings as either text or screenshots (screenshots are preferred).

Xzibit

(08-17-2012, 04:32 AM)Shonumi Wrote: [ -> ]What are your Dolphin settings? Click the Config button and look at the General tab. Click on the Graphics button and look at the General, Enhancements, and Hacks tabs. You can provide the settings as either text or screenshots (screenshots are preferred).

[Image: vyr5r.png]
[Image: Rdv26.png]

Is that what you needed?

Not sure what you mean by the "Graphics button and look at the General, Enhancements, and Hacks tabs"

EDIT: I think I found what you're talking about

[Image: C9np9.png]
(08-17-2012, 04:40 AM)Xzibit Wrote: [ -> ]Not sure what you mean by the "Graphics button and look at the General, Enhancements, and Hacks tabs"

Do you even know where the Graphics button is?

Xzibit

(08-17-2012, 04:44 AM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-17-2012, 04:40 AM)Xzibit Wrote: [ -> ]Not sure what you mean by the "Graphics button and look at the General, Enhancements, and Hacks tabs"

Do you even know where the Graphics button is?
Sorry :p Look at my latest edit to that post