Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Transferring Save games between PCs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I've got a file on my other PC which I use to play SA2B (As this PC currently cannot, however when I get a refund or w/e and get the PC I plan to buy) When I do get that new PC, I want to transfer my saved game from that PC to my new PC, is it possible and if so could someone go through the steps? Like where to look for the saved game file etc.

Thanks in advance
just copy the whole dolphin directory to where ever and it will work fine.

Pimpshi

However, if you DO just want to find your save data (for whatever reason), you should find them in the "User" folder in your Dolphin Directory. Once you're there, GameCube memory cards are found in "GC", Wii save data should be found in "Wii", and Save States can be found in "SaveStates". "Config > Profiles" has your saved controller configurations, if you want those
If your "saved game" files are save states, take note that many times save states from one revision of Dolphin will be incompatible with other revisions, both newer and older. When transferring save states, it's best to use the same Dolphin revision.
Plus sometimes a hardware change can break them. It's best to use in game saves wherever possible.

Hotcoco 999

Hey everyone, I have a save file in dolphin emulator in my phone of the legend of zelda skyward sword, in this file i have already completed the ancient cistern and found the sandship, but at this point i am starting to get mad about the game running at 20 fps so i want to move all of my progress to my desktop, could anyone tell mehow can i do this?
Please see our rules about necroposting. For threads older than 6 months, we recommend that you make a new thread about your question or issue.

Closed.