Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Laptop is enough for the task?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

playdolphin

Here is the subject, i want to play MGSTTS in the highest resolution, in fullHD, i have a inspiron 15 R that has intel HD graphics 4000 and a i7 2.10GHz processor and 6Gb of RAM, reading post here there was sayng that the intel integrated card wasnt enought for handleing the dolphin, so i am not sure if my pc has wath it requires to play it, im not sure if its my emulator system, because i am not eable to see the IR option for optimizing the res.
Thanks for all
Your cpu is ok,but intel graphics are not. You have to have graphics from ati or nvidia.
You wont be able to run properly not even a fraction of fullhd resolution

playdolphin

(08-16-2012, 05:38 AM)rpglord Wrote: [ -> ]Your cpu is ok,but intel graphics are not. You have to have graphics from ati or nvidia.
You wont be able to run properly not even a fraction of fullhd resolution

Know that i have searched more about the topic, i know that the intel hd graphics 4000 can increase its graphic memory, in this case its able take up to 1,7 Gb, How can this not be enough for running dolphin in the mentioned specs?
Because the performance of a GPU has little or nothing to do with how much memory it has available to it. A slow GPU is still slow no matter how much RAM it has. And you have an IGP so your GPU doesn't even have any dedicated memory, it just shares main memory by reserving a pool of it. All you're doing it reserving a larger pool of main memory for the IGP (which it won't even use).

playdolphin

I understand know, i guess there is no other solution but to buy a newer computer due to the impossibility to upgrade the graphics of a laptop, thanks for all same way.