Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: About to buy a new PC...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Roubadoudou

Hello everyone. Like the topic title says, I'm about to buy a new pc and I want to know if I'll be able to run Xenoblade at 25~30fps with this one:

Intel Core i7-3770
3.4 GHz
8 GB DDR3 SDRAM
2 GB ATI Radeon HD 7470

My friend's pc is almost the same but instead of 8 GB RAM, he has 16 GB and I could play the game without any lag, full speed and perfect sound... but I dont think its neccessary to have that much RAM anyway XD so I guess im good with the one I've listed above but I just wanna make sure before buying it.

Thanks in advance Smile
i5 3570k @ 4.2GHZ + Asrock Z77 mobo are much better and cheaper than that i7
*Google AMD 7470 memory bandwidth*
Quote:8.5-12.8 GB/s (DDR3) or 25.6-28.8 GB/s (GDDR5) memory bandwidth
So pathetic ... Get AMD 6670 GDDR5 if you're on a low budget
http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/showthread.php?tid=18414

Roubadoudou

Cheaper than 830$ ?? That i7 seems a great deal to me for that price. I'll try to get more info about the one you've listed(im at work and writing this with my ipod atm so its kinda hard to search on the web now xD) but anyway, i would still like to know if that i7 could run xenoblade well Smile
I could build a beast which rape that i7 for only 800$
Quote:That i7 seems a great deal to me for that price
You buy an OEM pc , right ? I only see a low end GPU + a locked CPU (i7 3770)

Quote:i would still like to know if that i7 could run xenoblade well
it will run full speed with HLE back end . But if you use LLE back end then it's not even close
Edit : If it was AMD 7470 DDR3 , you'll have to stick with 480p -> You should buy a wii instead
Quote:My friend's pc is almost the same but instead of 8 GB RAM, he has 16 GB and I could play the game without any lag, full speed and perfect sound... but I dont think its neccessary to have that much RAM anyway
Yes indeed. The amount of RAM does not impact Dolphin at all.

Quote: i would still like to know if that i7 could run xenoblade well
An i7 is a waste of money for Dolphin and most applications.
Surely you'll get an advantage in heavily threaded applications, such as rendering video/3d scenes etc, but that's it.
I would take the 3570K (yes, notice the K. It means that the CPU is unlocked for overclocking) and a better GPU, because as said before, the 7470 is garbage.
You'll only be able to play at x1 or x2 IR depending on the graphical memory type.

What's your budget?
Are you capable of assembling your own PC?

Roubadoudou

I don't want to spend more than 1000$ thats why Im trying to get the best PC possible for that price.

I don't know how to assemble my own pc but I have a friend who might be able. But also, I only know one website to build a PC and its Ncix Canada and it seems expensive so... I dunno Tongue

And yup I noticed the K for overclocking, thanks.

A little help about what I should buy too would be greatly appreciated.
I mean, a 3570k i5 and a asrock mobo isnt enough right? XD ;P
It's probably not a good idea to buy all the parts and then hope that you and a friend will be able to put everything together properly. Maybe a PC already in one piece would be better for you?
Cpu is great,but gpu is awful,stay away from that. You wont be able to run anything properly ( in high resolutions )
Everything will look like crap,including xenoblade.
You simply need to get better gpu.
For both nvidia and ati second number is important.
For nvidia it has to be atleast 5,for ati atleast 6.
Second number in card you wanted to get is 4,and its ati,which means its 2 tier below minimum.
There's probably an option on newegg to have them build it. If your friend doesn't know what he's doing, and you aren't confident even after watching tutorial videos etc., then it's probably a good idea to pay newegg to build it.