Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Bravo Dev Team [Speed Increases]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just wanted to let you know that you're doing a fantastic job. I've got Super Mario Sunshine, Super Mario Galaxy, Pikmin 2, and now (yay!) Twilight Princess Wii running fullspeed on my box, all clocking in at 60FPS for the majority of scenes. This is a huge improvement over what I was seeing before! (TP in particular, which would drop to 15 FPS in Hyrule Field, now hardly skips a beat.)

I remember you guys commenting early in the open source project about "diminishing returns" and I just wanted to let you know that those returns are really paying off finally, especially in the last couple of weeks with all the major advances in sound emulation, which sounds particularly tough on this system. Bravo!

And that's all, just random grats for a job well done.

-gamefreak

PS: For those who want to know, this is my system. Yes it's high end, but it's hardly the highest high end out there:

Video: GeForce 9600GT
CPU: AMD Athlon 64x2 Dual Core, 3.1GHz
RAM: 2G DDR2
HDD: Slow as a Snail, in need of replacement
Monitor: Images are visible from space.
Cost: around $500, custom built.
But on the other hand.... Brawl is running much slower Undecided
(07-06-2009, 08:41 PM)AlphaEndgame Wrote: [ -> ]But on the other hand.... Brawl is running much slower Undecided

then play on your wii :d the devs work so much thank them when it is to slow play with older revision
what rev is that?
Twilight Princess runs faster now? The Wii version or GC?
Twilight Princess for Wii and GC are still as slow as ever for me, especially when in the Twilight Realm, Forest or Hyrule Field.

Also most games have been much slower and stuttering for most of us since revision 3545. Sad