Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Speed problem and controller question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

M.S.

Hello,
this is my first post in this board. I've created an account, because I have some problems with Dolphin 3.0 for a pity. In the game "The Lord of the Rings - The two Towers" (GC) I have a very bad speed, it is very seldom higher than something around 60%.
In the game "Indiana Jones - The Staff of the Kings" (Wii) I have even less much speed: Very, very seldom nearly to 100%, but most times something around 40%.
I have tried it with a lot of configurations, but for a pity I wasn't able to get more speed.
Is it because of my Computer? I don't think so, but I'm not sure. Do you have any ideas?
I have another question: Is there a way to play Wii games (Indiana Jones) with a normal controller for default? I know that there is a way to configurate it, but it is very difficult and complicated.
I hope you can help me. Thanks in advance!

PS: Here you can see the hardware of my computer: http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/member.php...&uid=73127
It's probably your processor (AMD Athlon II is pretty slow compared to a similarly clocked i3/i5/i7). Are you using 3.0 or 3.0-735 (as is listed in your profile)? If so 3.0 should be able to provide some small speed up.

As for your controller issues, if "normal controller" means Real Wiimote, then just choose it in Wiimote config.

M.S.

Thanks for the answer. I'm using 3.0-735 right now, but I have tried the 3.0 version, too, without getting much better results. But I can try again. Hmm... I always thought, I would have a good processor! Big Grin No chance to get more speed with this one?
With normal controller I mean a gamepad.
Well, you processor might have been good a while ago, but for Dolphin, it's not going to cut it for a number of games. You can try overclocking your CPU for more speed, just watch out for high temps and overvolting. Read some guides online if you want to do this, you'll need to know the risks and benefits.

Some Wii games are so much better having a "real" controller to play with. Next to the HD enhancements, that's what I like most about Dolphin Wink Anyway, all you have to do is open up Dolphin and click the Wiimote button. Set the first Wiimote to "Emulated Wiimote", then click "Configure". Make sure the Device is your gamepad. Click on a button e.g. A, B, 1, 2, etc, and Dolphin will wait for input. Press the button on your gamepad that you want to assign to the emulated Wiimote.
(08-14-2012, 12:52 PM)M.S. Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the answer. I'm using 3.0-735 right now, but I have tried the 3.0 version, too, without getting much better results. But I can try again. Hmm... I always thought, I would have a good processor! Big Grin No chance to get more speed with this one?

No. Your only solution to get a better speed is to overclock. Moreover you chose two games that are very demanding Big Grin

M.S.

Thanks again for the answers. Because I didn't want to overclock, but I want to play these games ;D, I tried PCSX2. I don't know why, but it works much better for me.
Well, it's a different emulator with different demands from the hardware. I haven't tested this myself yet, but a lot of people say running PCS2X at fullspeed is easier than doing the same in Dolphin. That's just a generalization however, as I'm sure there are plenty of exceptions.

If you don't want to overclock, just wait until your next hardware upgrade. You'll see a marked improvement with an Ivy Bridge chip.